Have an event coming up? Email your information to Managing Editor Tammye Nash at email@example.com or Senior Staff Writer
David Taffet at firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday at 5 p.m. for that week’s issue.
• Weekly: Lambda Weekly every Sunday at 1 p.m. on 89.3 KNON-FM with this week’s guests are Katie Sprinkle and Leslie McMurray; United Black Ellument hosts discussion on HIV/AIDS in the black community (UBE Connected) at 7 p.m. every fourth Tuesday of the month at 3116 Commerce St., Suite C; Core Group Meeting every 1st and 3rd Tuesday of the month at 7 p.m.; Fuse game night every Monday evening except the last of the month at 8 p.m. at the Fuse space in the Treymore Building, 4038 Lemmon Ave, Suite 101; FuseConnect every Wednesday from 7 p.m. For more information call or e-mail Jalenzski at 214-760-9718 ext 3 or Jalenzski@myresourcecenter.org.
• Through May 30: Scarborough Renaissance Festival
Scarborough Faire features 200 quaint shoppes, food and grog from around the world, swordplay, comedy, birds of prey, magic and more. Weekends from 10 a.m.-
7 p.m. at Scarborough Village, 2511 FM 66, Waxahachie.
• May 13-14: Contemporary Relationships Conference
Learn and discuss ways to strengthen LGBTQ dating, relationships, and parenting with over 30 international and national speakers from 8 a.m.-5:15 p.m. on May 14. Pre-conference institutes take place May 13. Both events are held at St. David’s Bethell Hall, 301 E. 8th St., Austin. For more information and to register visit Bit.ly/1tZKykeor e-mail email@example.com.
• May 14: Bloomin’ Ball
Ron Corning is the honorary chair of Sewing Seeds of Hope benefiting AIDS Interfaith Network at 5 p.m. at Hilton Anatole Hotel, 2201 N. Stemmons Freeway.
• May 14: TAG’S Annual Ball
“007: A Night With Bond,” Tyler Area Gays’ 2016 Annual Ball, features casino tables, cash bar, live music, heavy hors d’oeuvres, silent auction and more. Tickets are $40 in advance, $45 at the bar; student tickets are $35. For tickets and more information visit TylerAreaGays.com. For information email info@TylerAreaGays.com or call 903-312-2081. 6 p.m.-midnight, at Holiday Inn Tyler South Broadway, 5701 S. Broadway Ave.
• May 14: MetroBall Winstar Casino Party Bus Trip
Buses leave Sue Ellen’s parking lot at 8:30 a.m. and Collin Creek Mall at 9 a.m. Arrive Winstar Casino at 10:30 a.m. and depart Winstar at 2 p.m. Arrive Plano at 4 p.m. and Dallas at 4:30 p.m. $75 for one person, $125 for two and $150 for three. Proceeds benefit the Greg Dollgener Memorial AIDS Fund and MetroBall. Tickets at MetroBallExpress.BrownPaperTickets.com.
• May 14: Yoga of 12-Step Recovery Workshop
Yoga of 12-Step Recovery Workshop featuring Y12SR-certified instructor Julie Wright, and including detailed discussions, handouts and an all-level asana practice, is from 1-3 p.m. at City Yoga, 4311 Belmont Ave. Admission is $30 in advance and $35 at the door. For information visit CityYogaDallas.com
• May 15: 33rd International AIDS Candlelight Memorial
AIDS Walk South Dallas presents the local observance from 3-5 p.m. at Cosmopolitan Congregation of Dallas, 1812 N. Haskell St.
• May 17: Stonewall Democrats of Dallas
May meeting with speaker Rebecca Cowle from Texas Central, the high-speed rail project that will create a 90-minute trip between Dallas and Houston. 6:30 p.m. at Sue Ellen’s, 3014 Throckmorton St.
• May 18: GLFD check presentation
Happy hour and check presentation of more than $100,000 from Gay and Lesbian Fund for Dallas to SPCA of Dallas in Trinity Groves at 6 p.m. at Chino Chinatown, 3011 Gulden Lane, Suite 110.
• May 20: Mental health awareness forum
The Dallas Public Library and National Alliance on Mental Illness Dallas partner to promote mental health awareness in May. District Attorney Susan Hawk speaks. From 9-11 a.m. in the J. Erik Jonsson Central Library Auditorium, 1515 Young St.
• May 20: Dallas-area Intercollegiate LGBTQ Happy Hour
Texas Exes, SMU and TCU diversity groups host a happy hour to increase professional and social contacts between groups and individuals and support schools’ LGBTQ students, faculty and alumni. 5-7 p.m. at Sushi Zushi West Village, 3636 McKinney Ave. Ste. 150. For more information e-mail Paul von Wupperfeld at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• May 20: Federal Club May mixer
Valet available for $6. Light appetizers. From 6-8 p.m. at Campisi’s, 1520 Elm St. Suite 111.
May 14: Bloomin’ Ball: Sowing Seeds of Hope
Nestor Estrada and Miranda Grant, pictured, are the main coordinators for AIDS Interfaith Network’s annual Bloomin’ Ball: Sewing Seeds of Hope fundraiser, happening Saturday, May 14, at the Hilton Anatole Hotel. WFAA Channel 8 morning news anchor Ron Corning is the honorary chair for the event.
This article appeared in the Dallas Voice print edition May 13, 2016.