Have an event coming up? Email your information to staff writer James Russell at email@example.com by Thursday at 10 a.m. for that week’s issue.
• Weekly: Lambda Weekly every Sunday at 1 p.m. on 89.3 KNON-FM; United Black Ellument hosts discussion on HIV/AIDS in the black community at 7 p.m. every second Tuesday of the month at 3116 Commerce St., Suite C; Fuse game night every Monday evening but the last of the month at 8 p.m. at the Fuse space in the ilume, 4123 Cedar Springs Road, Apt 2367; Fuse Connect every Wednesday from 7 p.m. at the Fuse Space. For more information call or e-mail Ruben Ramirez at 214-540-4500 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Sept. 11: High Tech Happy Hour
Texas Instruments Pride, the LGBT and ally diversity group, hosts its monthly High Tech Happy Hour to increase professional and social contacts between groups and individuals and to foster community. 5:300-7:30 p.m. at Sambuca Uptown, 2120 McKinney Ave. For more information email Paul von Wupperfeld at email@example.com.
• Sept. 12: Blazin’ Red Cars for the Cause Charity Event
Check out local LGBT car collector’s club members’ classic cars benefitting A Sister’s Gift Women’s Center, which provides women living with HIV/AIDS and their families and dependents from 11 a.m.-4 p.m. at Lowes Home Improvement Center, 6011 Lemmon Ave. $10 donation at door. Children under 12 enter for free. For more information visit Classischassis.com.
• Sept. 12: Jennings Street Jam
Health Education and Learning Project and 20 other organizations host music, food, adult carnival games, HIV testing and the crowning of the 2015 Condom Queen in the parking lot of Club Reflection, 604 S. Jennings Ave., Fort Worth. For more information contact DeeJay Johannessen at 817-332-772.
• Sept. 12: AIDS Outreach Center Hope Walk Registration Party 2015
Register for the 2015 Hope Walk while enjoying some surprise free giveaways from 7-10 p.m. at Dr. Jekyll’s Beer Lab, 2420 W. Park Row, Pantego. For more information visit AOC.org/walk.
• Sept. 12: HRC DFW Federal Club Fall Luncheon
Learn about LGBT advancements with JoDee Winterhof, senior vice president for policy and political affairs at HRC, from 10:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. at The Tower Club, Thanksgiving Tower, 1601 Elm St., 48th Floor. RSVP required. Business casual. Seating limited to 200. For tickets visit Bit.ly/1hvu7MC.
• Sept. 13: Tarrant County Gay Pride Week Association Meeting
Tarrant County Pride’s monthly meeting at 3 p.m. at the Barron House at Celebration Community Church, 908 Pennsylvania Ave., Fort Worth. For more information call 214-506-3367 or e-mail
• Sept. 14: Tarrant County Stonewall Democrats Meeting
Monthly meeting begins at 7 p.m. at Tommy’s Hamburgers, 2455 Forest Park Blvd., Fort Worth. Featured guest is Rep. Chris Turner, R-Grand Prairie. For more information e-mail Info@tarrantstonewall.org.
• Sept. 15: Classis Chassis Car Club Happy Hour
Learn more about the LGBT Classis Car Club and check out classic cars from 4-7 p.m. at JR.’s Bar & Grill, 3923 Cedar Springs Rd. For more information visit Classischassis.com.
• Sept. 15: Dallas County Stonewall Democrats Host Appreciation Party
LGBT Democratic group from 6:30-7:30 p.m. meets every third Tuesday of the month at Ojeda’s Restaurant, 4617 Maple Ave. This month the group will honor Dallas County elected Democratic officials who supported marriage equality.
• Sept. 15: JEWEL Lesbian Fiction Book Club
Monthly book club discussion meets every third Tuesday of the month from 7–9 p.m. at ilume, 4123 Cedar Springs Road. Open to all women. Free. For more information e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Sept. 15: DFW Transcendence Trans/SOFFA Meeting
Trans and ally support group meets monthly on first and third Tuesdays from 7-9 p.m. at Agape MCC, 4615 East California Parkway, Fort Worth. For more information contact Finn Jones by phone at 214-499-0378 or by email at email@example.com.
• Sept. 17: AIDS Arms Red Ribbon Society Presents “The Many Facets of AIDS Arms”
Learn about AIDS Arms’ programs and services with a poster presentation and enjoy appetizers and wine from 6-8 p.m. at Triangle Payment Systems, 3500 Oak Lawn Ave. For more information e-mail Lauren Darrouzet at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Sept. 17: AIDS Services of Dallas No Tie Dinner Kick-off Reception
Learn details about AIDS Services of Dallas’ annual fundraiser from 6-8 p.m. at Scott + Cooner, 1617 Hi Line Drive, Ste. 100. Complimentary appetizers, beverages and live music. Open to the public. For more information, visit Notiedinner.com.
• Sept. 17: The Dallas Way Presents ‘Outrageous Oral’: Salute to the Gay Pride Parade
The GLBT history project presents another segment of Outrageous Oral series with Evilu Pridgeon, Patti Fink, Chris Luna and Kathy Jack. Michael Doughman serves as emcee. Doors open at 6 p.m. and program starts at 7 p.m. at the Rose Room inside S4, 3911 Cedar Springs Road. For more information call 505-400-4405 or visit TheDallasWay.org.
• Sept. 17: Urban Engagement Book Club: The Road Out: A Teacher’s Odyssey in Poor America by Deborah Hicks
CitySquare’s monthly Urban Engagement Book Club explores various social justice issues with writer Randy Mayeux and local social justice leaders. Free. Noon of every third Thursday at the Opportunity Center, 1610 S. Malcolm X Blvd. For more information visit CitySquare.org.
• Sept. 17: Gray Pride: Senior Moments
Monthly Senior Moments series presents guest speaker Samuel Tornabene with the Coalition for Aging LGBT about the coalition’s initiative and annual summit from 6:30–8:30 p.m. at Resource Center, 2701 Reagan St. Free. For more information call 214-528-0144 or e-mail GrayPride@myresourcecenter.org.
• Sept. 19: Gay Days at Six Flags
Join friends and allies for Gay Day at Six Flags Over Texas in Arlington from 10:30 a.m.-8 p.m. For more information and to purchase tickets visit Sixflags.com/overtexas?promo_code=DALLASVOICE.
• Sept. 19: SHINE: The Dallas Pride Pool Party
Purple Party Weekend’s pool party returns from 2-7 p.m. at SISU Uptown Resort, 2508 Maple Ave. $30 at door. For more information visit Dallasourpleparty.com.
• Sept. 19: TEEN PRIDE: All Lives Matter
Third annual Teen Pride celebrates pride with a day of free food, drag performances, entertainment, games and prizes from 2-7 p.m. at Cathedral of Hope, 5910 Cedar Springs Road. Free for ages 13-19. $5 for adult chaperones. For more information visit Transtexas.org/realliveconnection.
• Sept. 19: Music for Love, a Celebration of Unity and Diversity
Lamont Wheat and others perform benefitting The Lavender Effect from 7-9 p.m. at Aloft Downtown Dallas, 1031 Young St. $10 donation at door. For more information visit Thelavendereffect.org.
• Sept. 19: Wendy Ho: Save My Feral Pussy Fundraiser
Wendy Ho performs live during karaoke benefitting Feral Friends Community Cat Alliance from 9 p.m.-2 a.m. at Barbara’s Pavillion, 325 Centre St.. For more information visit Facebook.com/barbaraspavillion.
• Sept. 19: Gaybingo: Rainbowlicious
Monthly fundraiser for Resource Center from 6–9 p.m. at Rose Room at S4, 3911 Cedar Springs Road. Doors open at 5 p.m. For more information, call 214-540-4458 or email Bscott@myresourcecenter.org.
• Sept. 20: Family PRIDE Zone
Safe space for LGBT parents and kids in conjunction with Festival in the Park from noon-7 p.m. at Reverchon Park, 3505 Maple Ave. $5 admission. For more information visit Dallaspride.org.
• Sept. 20: Miller Lite Festival in the Park Presented by T-Mobile
All day performances featuring Ty Herndon presented by the Dallas Tavern Guild from noon-7 p.m. at Reverchon Park, 3505 Maple Ave. $5 admission. For more information visit Dallaspride.org.
• Sept. 20: Heineken Alan Ross Freedom Parade
Celebrate the 32nd annual pride parade with floats, music, city officials headlined by this year’s grand marshals Patti Fink and Evilu “Pridge” Pridgeon along Cedar Springs Avenue to Reverchon Park, 3505 Maple Ave. Free. Line-up starts at 10 a.m., street closes at 11 a.m. and parade starts at 2 p.m. For more information visit Dallaspride.org.
• Sept. 20: Spectrum: The Dallas Pride Tea Dance
Dallas Purple Party presents benefit for local HIV/AIDS organizations from 5-11 p.m. at Marty’s Live, 4207 Maple Ave. For more information visit Dallaspurpleparty.com.
• Sept. 22: AIDS Outreach Center Hope Walk Registration Party 2015
Register for the 2015 Hope Walk and enjoy a free private party with a buffet spread from 5-7 p.m. at Buttons, 4701 W. Freeway #100, Fort Worth. For more information visit AOC.org/walk.
• Sept. 25: Resource Center 5 Factor Awards
Annual celebration of five Resource Center volunteers from 7-9 p.m. at 7 for Parties, 150 Turtle Creek Blvd., #107, with appetizers, wine and entertainment. $50 per person. For more information, including sponsor opportunities, visit Myresourcecenter.org/5factor.
• Sept. 26: Greater Dallas Walk to End Alzheimer’s
Alzheimer’s Association of Greater Dallas hosts its annual three-mile walk at 9 a.m. at AT&T Plaza at the American Airlines Center, 2500 Victory Ave. Day-of registration begins at 7 a.m. followed by 8:30 a.m. ceremony. To register visit Bit.ly/1U3ZlbZ. For more information contact Erica Goldberg at 214-540-2412 or email@example.com.
Beth El Binah Rabbi Steve Fisch stands outside Northaven United Methodist Church, 11211 Preston Road, the new home base for the LGBT Reform synagogue. Beth El Binah will be celebrating High Holy Days through Sept. 23, with most services at Northaven. Selichot observance begins at 7:30 p.m. Friday, Sept. 11. Erev Rosh Hashanah begins at 7:30 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 13, with a service at 10 a.m. and the President’s Luncheon at noon, both on Monday, Sept. 14. Tashlich will be observed at 1 p.m. Tuesday, Sept. 15, along Turtle Creek across from the Kalita Humphries Theater. Kol Nidre is at 7:30 p.m. on Tuesday, Sept. 22. The High Holy Days conclude with Yom Kippur services, with morning services at 10 a.m., study session at 1 p.m., Yizkor at 3 p.m., Mincha, Ne’ilah, and Havdalah at 5 p.m. Worshippers will break the fast following Havdalah.
This article appeared in the Dallas Voice print edition September 11, 2015.