Have an event coming up? Email your information to staff writer James Russell at firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday at 10 a.m. for that week’s issue.
• Weekly: Lambda Weekly every Sunday at 1 p.m. on 89.3 KNON-FM; United Black Ellument hosts discussion on HIV/AIDS in the black community at 7 p.m. every second Tuesday of the month at 3116 Commerce St., Suite C; Fuse game night every Monday evening but the last of the month at 8 p.m. at the Fuse space in the ilume, 4123 Cedar Springs Road, Apt 2367; Fuse Connect every Wednesday from 7 p.m. at the Fuse Space. For more information call or e-mail Ruben Ramirez at 214-540-4500 or email@example.com.
• Sept. 18: HRC DFW Federal Club Mixer
September mixer celebrating Dallas Pride from 6-8 p.m. at Dish Restaurant, 4123 Cedar Springs Rd.
• Sept. 19: Team Clover and LifeWalk Present Drag Show-A-Gogo
Benefit for AIDS Arms’ LifeWalk features drag performances and silent auction from 7-10 p.m. at Cedar Springs Tap House,
4123 Cedar Springs Rd.
• Sept. 19: Gay Days at Six Flags
Join friends and allies for Gay Day at Six Flags Over Texas in Arlington from 10:30 a.m.-
8 p.m. For more information and to
purchase tickets visit Sixflags.com/overtexas?promo_code=DALLASVOICE.
• Sept. 19: SHINE: The Dallas Pride Pool Party
Purple Party Weekend’s pool party returns from 2-7 p.m. at SISU Uptown Resort,
2508 Maple Ave. $30 at door. For more information visit Dallasourpleparty.com.
• Sept. 19: TEEN PRIDE: All Lives Matter
Third annual Teen Pride celebrates pride with a day of free food, drag performances, entertainment, games and prizes from
2-7 p.m. at Cathedral of Hope, 5910 Cedar Springs Road. Free for ages 13-19. $5 for adult chaperones. For more information visit Transtexas.org/realliveconnection.
• Sept. 19: Music for Love, a Celebration of Unity and Diversity
Lamont Wheat and others perform benefitting The Lavender Effect from 7-9 p.m. at Aloft Downtown Dallas, 1031 Young St..
$10 donation at door. For more information visit Thelavendereffect.org.
• Sept. 19: Wendy Ho: Save My Feral Pussy Fundraiser
Wendy Ho performs live during karaoke benefitting Feral Friends Community Cat Alliance from 9 p.m.-2 a.m. at Barbara’s Pavillion, 325 Centre St. For more information visit Facebook.com/barbaraspavillion.
• Sept. 19: Gaybingo: Rainbowlicious
Monthly fundraiser for Resource Center from 6–9 p.m. at Rose Room at S4, 3911 Cedar Springs Road. Doors open at
5 p.m. For more information, call 214-540-4458 or email Bscott@myresourcecenter.org.
• Sept. 20: Family PRIDE Zone
Safe space for LGBT parents and kids in conjunction with Festival in the Park from noon-7 p.m. at Reverchon Park,
3505 Maple Ave. $5 admission. For more information visit Dallaspride.org.
• Sept. 20: Miller Lite Festival in the Park Presented by T-Mobile
All day performances featuring Ty Herndon presented by the Dallas Tavern Guild from noon-7 p.m. at Reverchon Park,
3505 Maple Ave. $5 admission. For more information visit Dallaspride.org.
• Sept. 20: Heineken Alan Ross Texas Freedom Parade
Celebrate the 32nd annual pride parade with floats, music, city officials headlined by this year’s grand marshals Patti Fink and Evilu “Pridge” Pridgeon along Cedar Springs Avenue to Reverchon Park, 3505 Maple Ave. Free. Line-up starts at 10 a.m., street closes at 11 a.m. and parade starts at 2 p.m. For more information visit Dallaspride.org.
• Sept. 20: Spectrum: The Dallas Pride Tea Dance
Dallas Purple Party presents benefit for local HIV/AIDS organizations from 5-11 p.m. at Marty’s Live, 4207 Maple Ave. For more information visit Dallaspurpleparty.com.
• Sept. 22: AIDS Outreach Center Hope Walk Registration Party 2015
Register for the 2015 Hope Walk and enjoy a free private party with a buffet spread from
5-7 p.m. at Buttons, 4701 W. Freeway #100, Fort Worth. For more information visit AOC.org/walk.
• Sept. 23: Workout and Wine with Gay and Lesbian Fund for Dallas
Tour of the new White Rock YMCA at 6 p.m. followed by 7 p.m. happy hour at Times Ten Cellars, 6324 Prospect Ave. For more information e-mail Info@GLFD.org.
• Sept. 25-27: Couple Communication Workshop
Candy Marcum, LPC and Jimmy Owen, LPC conduct a two-weekend workshop for couples. 5-7 p.m. on Sept. 25 and Oct. 2 and
10 a.m.–noon on Sept. 26 and Oct. 3 at 3500 Oak Lawn Ave., Suite 260. $440 per couple includes two workbooks and eight hours of instruction. 214-521-1278. For more information call or e-mail Candy Marcum at 214-521-1278 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Sept. 25: Resource Center 5 Factor Awards
Annual celebration of five Resource Center volunteers from 7-9 p.m. at 7 for Parties, 150 Turtle Creek Blvd., #107, with appetizers, wine and entertainment. $50 per person. For more information, including sponsor opportunities, visit Myresourcecenter.org/5factor.
• Sept. 26: Greater Dallas Walk to End Alzheimer’s
Alzheimer’s Association of Greater Dallas hosts its annual three-mile walk at 9 a.m. at AT&T Plaza at the American Airlines Center, 2500 Victory Ave. Day-of registration begins at 7 a.m. followed by 8:30 a.m. ceremony. To register visit Bit.ly/1U3ZlbZ. For more information contact Erica Goldberg at
214-540-2412 or email@example.com.
• Sept. 26: Dallas-Fort Worth Gay for Good Volunteer Project
DFW Gay For Good’s monthly volunteer project meets from 9 a.m.-12:30 p.m. to prepare the science garden and paint exterior doors at Lee Elementary School, 2911 Delmar Ave. Register at Bit.ly/1OuQ1ue. Lunch follows at Libertine Bar, 2101 Greenville Ave. For more information contact Rob Peters at 781-472-0745 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Sept. 27: Gay Author Alex Sanchez Speaks at Fort Worth Public Library
The critically acclaimed author of eight award-winning young adult books speaks about growing up gay, emigrating from Mexico to Texas and signs books at Fort Worth Public Library, 500 W. 3rd, Fort Worth. Tickets are free. For more information, contact 817-392-6012 or TeenScene@fortworthtexas.gov.
• Sept. 29: Transgender 201: Beyond Jenner
Dallas Stonewall Young Democrats host workshop to discuss transgender issues from 7-9 p.m. at Cathedral of Hope, 5910 Cedar Springs Rd. A $100 Starbucks gift card will be raffled. For more information contact Scott Payne at email@example.com.
• Sept. 30: Tarrant County Gay Pride
Week Kick-off Kick-off for Tarrant County Gay Pride with Fort Worth Mayor Betsy Price at Trinity Park Arts Pavilion, 2401 University Dr., Fort Worth
• Oct. 1: Trans Pride Initiative Board Meeting
Open to the public. 6:30 p.m. at Brazos Room, Center for Community Cooperation, 2900 Live Oak St. For more information e-mail Nell Gaither at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Oct. 1: Fort Worth PFLAG Meeting
Meets every first Thursday of the month from 7-9 p.m. at First Jefferson Unitarian Universalist Church, 1959 Sandy Lane,
Fort Worth. For more information, call 817-428-2329 or visit PflagFortWorth.org.
• Oct. 2: Fort Worth Teen Pride
Youth and young adult event includes free food, entertainment, drag show, prizes and more from 6-10 p.m. at Agape MCC, 4615 E. California Parkway, Fort Worth. Free for teenagers 13-18 with valid ID. $5 suggested donation for accompanying adults. For more information contact info@RLC365.org or LGBTQSaves@gmail.com.
• Oct. 2: Brandon Michael Fugate Memorial Golf Tournament
Golf tournament benefits The BMF Project for Search and Rescue, which provides funds and resources for search and rescue agencies and provides emotional support for families during the process from noon-6 p.m. Tee off at 1:30 p.m. and dinner at 6 p.m. at Riverchase Golf Course, 700 Riverchase Dr., Coppell. $100 before Sept. 28 or $125 after. For more information and to register online visit Thebmfproject.org.
• Oct. 3: DFW Trans Ladies Monthly Meeting
Meets from 7-8:30 p.m. on the first Saturday of every month at Agape MCC, 4615 E. California Parkway, Fort Worth. For more information, email email@example.com or visit DFWTGLadies.org.
• Oct. 3: Tarrant County Pride Parade and Street Festival
Parade begins at noon in downtown Fort Worth followed by a street festival until 6 p.m. at Main Street and 9th Street featuring live entertainment, vendors, and food.
• Oct. 4: Tarrant County Pride Picnic
Family-friendly annual event from noon-6 p.m. at Trinity Park Arts Pavilion, 2401 University Dr., Fort Worth. Live entertainment, group activities, food, vendors and Pride Kids Zone.
• Oct. 5-8: Out & Equal 2015 Workplace Summit
• Oct. 5: AIDS Arms LifeWalk
The 25th annual 5K (3.2 mile) fun run and walk benefits AIDS Arms. Registration begins at 11 a.m. and walk begins at 1 p.m. at Lee Park, 3333 Turtle Creek Blvd. For more information visit Lifewalk.org.
• Oct. 6: DFW Transcendence Trans/SOFFA Meeting
Trans and ally support group meets monthly on first and third Tuesdays from 7-9 p.m. at Agape MCC, 4615 East California Parkway, Fort Worth. For more information contact Finn Jones by phone at 214-499-0378 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This article appeared in the Dallas Voice print edition September 18, 2015.