Have an event coming up? Email your information to staff writer James Russell at firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday at 10 a.m.
for that week’s issue.
• Weekly: Lambda Weekly every Sunday at 1 p.m. on 89.3 KNON-FM with guest Rep. Eddie Bernice Johnson; United Black Ellument hosts discussion on HIV/AIDS in the black community at 7 p.m. every second Tuesday of the month at 3116 Commerce St., Suite C; Fuse game night every Monday evening but the last of the month at 8 p.m. at the Fuse space in the ilume, 4123 Cedar Springs Road, Apt 2367; Fuse Connect every Wednesday from 7 p.m. at the Fuse Space. For more information call or e-mail Ruben Ramirez at 214-540-4500 or email@example.com.
• Oct. 30-Nov. 7: Couple Communication Workshop
Candy Marcum, LPC and Jimmy Owen, LPC conduct a two-weekend workshop for couples. 5-7 p.m. on Oct. 30 and Nov. 6 and
10 a.m.–noon on Oct. 31 and Nov. 7 at 3500 Oak Lawn Ave., Suite 260. $440 per couple includes two workbooks and eight hours
of instruction. 214-521-1278. For more information call or e-mail Candy Marcum at 214-521-1278 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Oct. 31: HERO Phone Bank
Stonewall Democrats of Dallas and Dallas Stonewall Young Democrats phone bank supporting the Houston Equal Rights Ordinance from 2-4:30 p.m. at Resource Center, 2701 Reagan St.
• Nov. 1: Light Up Oak Lawn: March for a Safer Neighborhood
Raise awareness of recent crimes by advocating and marching for streetlights, cameras, police patrols and more to
guarantee neighborhood safety from 7-9 p.m.
Rally and speakers outside of Oak Lawn Library, 4100 Cedar Springs Road followed by a march and rally along Cedar Springs follows. After party at Alexandre’s Bar, 4026 Cedar Springs Road. For more information visit On.fb.me/1RbiIgE.
• Nov. 3: DFW Transcendence Trans/SOFFA Meeting
Trans and ally support group meets monthly on first and third Tuesdays from 7–9 p.m. at Agape MCC, 4615 East California Parkway, Fort Worth. For more information contact Finn Jones by phone at 214-499-0378 or by email at email@example.com.
• Nov. 5: Under the Covers of Gay History Book Signing
Dallas Voice Managing Editor Tammye Nash and Senior Staff Writer David Taffet moderate a panel with Tracy Baim, publisher of Windy City Times, and Mark Segal, publisher of Philadelphia Gay News who will discuss their respective books. 7 p.m. at the Interfaith Peace Chapel at Cathedral of Hope, 5910 Cedar Springs Road. Books available for purchase.
• Nov. 5: Beatlemania Benefit Performance for The Well
A Hard Night’s Day headlines third annual benefit concert, Recovery Live benefitting The Well’s mental illness support programs at the Kessler Theater, 1320 W. Davis St. Doors open at 7 p.m., and the concert begins at 8. Purchase tickets at TheKessler.org/tickets. For more information e-mail Alice@wellcommunity.org.
• Nov. 5: Fort Worth PFLAG Meeting
Meets every first Thursday of the month from 7-9 p.m. at First Jefferson Unitarian Universalist Church, 1959 Sandy Lane,
Fort Worth. For more information call 817-428-2329 or visit PflagFortWorth.org.
• Nov. 5: Trans Pride Initiative Board Meeting
Open to the public. 6:30 p.m. at Brazos Room, Center for Community Cooperation, 2900 Live Oak St. For more information e-mail Nell Gaither at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Nov. 6-8: Strength Conference for Men Living with HIV
Weekend conference offering support, seminars, workshops and fellowship at Embassy Suites Love Field, 3880 W. Northwest Highway. $50 registration fee.
For more information and to register call 469-410-3755 or e-mail Strengthconference@AIDSWalkSouthDallas.com.
• Nov. 7: DFW Trans Ladies Monthly Meeting
Meets from 7-8:30 p.m. on the first Saturday of every month at Agape MCC, 4615 E. California Parkway, Fort Worth. For more information email email@example.com or visit DFWTGLadies.org.
• Nov. 7: The Dallas Flea: An Indoor Curated Marketplace
All day fair includes drinks, entertainment, food and 140-plus vendors showcasing vintage and handmade items takes place
from 9 a.m.-5 p.m. at Trinity Groves,
2900 Bataan Street. $5 entry. Kids under 12 enter free. Free parking. For more information visit TheDallasFlea.com.
• Nov. 9: DFW Transcendence Trans/SOFFA Meeting
Trans and ally support group meets monthly on first and third Tuesdays from 7-9 p.m. at Agape MCC, 4615 East California Parkway, Fort Worth. For more information, contact Finn Jones by phone at 214-499-0378 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Nov. 10: Tarrant County Stonewall Democrats Meeting
LGBT Democratic group meets at 7 p.m. every second Tuesday of the month at Tommy’s Hamburgers, 2455 Forest Park Blvd., Fort Worth. For more information e-mail Info@tarrantstonewall.org.
• Nov. 10: Ed-U-Care Building Bridge Network
Training group for caretakers of LGBT seniors hosts a dinner followed by screening of the movie Gen Silent and LGBT senior and caretaker needs 6-8:30 p.m. at The Senior Source, 3910 Harry Hines Blvd. For more information and to RSVP e-mail Sharyn Fein at email@example.com.
• Nov. 12: The Group
Support group for black men who have sex with men living with HIV meets every second and fourth Thursday of the month from
7-9 p.m. at a private location. For more information call 214-455-7316.
• Nov. 12: Fort Worth Transgender Resource Group
Support and resource group meets every second Thursday of the month at 7 p.m. at the Barron House, 516 College Ave., Fort Worth. Use side door.
• Nov. 13: High Tech Happy Hour
Texas Instruments Pride, the LGBT and ally diversity group, hosts its monthly High Tech Happy Hour to increase professional and social contacts between groups and individuals and to foster community. 5:30-7:30 p.m. at Two Corks and a Bottle at the Quadrangle, 2800 Routh St. For more information e-mail
Paul von Wupperfeld at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Nov. 13: Team Friendly DFW Launch Party
Celebrate the launch of and learn more about new group fighting stigma surrounding HIV from 5-7 p.m. at Cedar Springs Tap House, 4123 Cedar Springs Rd.
For more information visit On.fb.me/1jO9LQv.
• Nov. 14: TBRU Registration Opens
Registration opens at noon for annual Texas Bear Round Up. To register and for more information visit TBRU.org.
• Nov. 17: JEWEL Lesbian Fiction Book Club
Monthly book club discussion meets every third Tuesday of the month from 7–9 p.m. at ilume, 4123 Cedar Springs Rd. Open to all women. Free. For more information e-mail email@example.com.
This article appeared in the Dallas Voice print edition October 30, 2015.