Have an event coming up? Email your information to Managing Editor Tammye Nash at email@example.com or Senior Staff Writer
David Taffet at firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday at 5 p.m. for that week’s issue.
• Weekly: Lambda Weekly every Sunday at 1 p.m. on 89.3 KNON-FM. This week’s guests Jason Hanna and Joe Riggs from the Teddy Bear Party; United Black Ellument hosts discussion on HIV/AIDS in the black community (UBE Connected) at 7 p.m. every fourth Tuesday of the month at 3116 Commerce St., Suite C; Core Group Meeting every 1st and 3rd Tuesday of the month at 7 p.m.; Fuse game night every Monday evening except the last of the month at 8 p.m. at the Fuse space in the Treymore Building, 4038 Lemmon Ave, Suite 101; FuseConnect every Wednesday from 7 p.m. For more information call or e-mail Jalenzski at 214-760-9718 ext 3 or Jalenzski@myresourcecenter.org.
• Nov. 30: Red Ribbon Bash
Resource Center commemorates World AIDS Day from 6:30-8:30 p.m. at The Stoneleigh Hotel, 2927 Maple Ave. $50. MyResourceCenter.org/red-ribbon-bash.
• Dec. 1: World AIDS Day
• Dec. 1: World AIDS Day C.U.R.E. Awards
C.U.R.E. (Community Unity Respect Education) marks Worlds AIDS Day 2016 with an event at Noah’s Event Venue, 2251 N. Greenville Ave., in Richardson. James Lester, Marvin Green and Chris Bengston will receive C.U.R.E.’s 2016 Open Heart Award. Portions of the NAMES AIDS Memorial Quilt will be on display. Auntjuan Wiley will be keynote speaker. For information email email@example.com.
• Dec. 1-3: The Laramie Project
The award-winning Lewisville High School Theatre Department presents three performances of The Laramie Project,
the play by Moises Kaufman that revisits the 1998 anti-gay hate crime murder of Matthew Shepard in Laramie, Wyoming
and its aftermath. Performances begin at 7:30 p.m. each night in the LHS Stuver Auditorium, 1098 W. Main St. in Lewisville. Tickets are $10 for adults and $7 for studets.
• Dec. 2: AIDS Arms 30th Anniversary celebration
AIDS Arms celebrates its 30th anniversary with a celebration including light appetizers and beverages at 6 p.m. and a program at
7:15 p.m. at Cathedral of Hope, 5901 Cedar Springs Road. RSVP to info@AIDSArms.org. For information call 214-521-5191.
• Dec. 2: Federal Club holiday celebration
The 29th annual HRC Federal Club holiday party. RSVP by Nov. 22. Doors open at 7:30 p.m. for major donors and Black Tie
board members and 8 p.m. for Federal Club members. Nuvo Room, 4241 Sigma Road.
• Dec. 4: The Dallas Way fall brunch
Fall Brunch: 2016 The Year in Review from 11 a.m.-1 p.m. at the home of Richard Shampain and Jeff Henderson. $50.
• Dec. 5: Judge Don Adams retirement party
From 5-7 p.m. at the Angry Dog, 2726 Commerce St.
• Dec. 5: Stonewall Democrats holiday party
From 7-9 p.m. at the Round Up Saloon, 3912 Cedar Springs Road.
• Dec. 6: GLFD Holiday party
Gay and Lesbian Fund for Dallas holiday party for members and guests from 6:30-8:30 p.m. on the terrace at Bistro 31, 87 Highland Park Village #200.
• Dec. 7: Steps to PrEP
Abounding Prosperity presents a forum for primary care physicians, OB/GYNs, physicians assistants, nurse practitioners, nurses, pharmacists and AIDS organization staffs for implementing PrEP from 6-8 p.m. at Westin Dallas Park Central, 12720 Merit Drive. Dinner and registration at 5:30 p.m.
• Dec. 8-11: A Not So Silent Night
The Turtle Creek Chorale presents its annual Christmas concert at 7:30 p.m. on Friday-Saturday and 2:30 p.m. on Sunday at City Performance Hall, 2520 Flora St. Tickets at TurtleCreekChorale.com.
• Dec. 10: Super Hero Ball
Holiday party from 7-10 p.m. at Celebration Community Church, 908 Pennsylvania Ave., Fort Worth.
• Dec. 14: GALA Holiday Party
North Texas Gay and Lesbian Alliance (GALA) holds its Holiday Party from 6-10 p.m. at Event 1013, 1013 E. 15th St. in Plano. Absolut Vodka is the liquor sponsor for the party which will include food, drinks, a raffle and a silent auction.
• Dec. 24: Chinese food and a movie
Congregation Beth El Binah has a traditional Jewish Christmas Eve dinner at 7 p.m. at Royal China, 6025 Royal Lane.
• Dec. 25: Christmas
• Dec. 31: Once in a Blue Moon dance
New Year’s Eve party for women from 7 p.m.-midnight at DanceMasters Ballroom located at 10675 East Northwest Highway, Suite 2600B. $25.
Dec. 31: New Year’s Eve
Find your party and party safely.
• Happy New Year
• Jan. 17: Stonewall elections
Stonewall officer elections at 7 p.m. at Sue Ellen’s, 3014 Throckmorton St.
• Feb. 25: Dash for the Beads
5K and 10K run, 1K walk and festival at Kidd Springs Park, 711 W. Canty St.
• April 8: No Tie Dinner
This year’s theme is An Artful Life, inspired by the pop artists. From 7-10 p.m. at Frontiers of Flight Museum, 6911 Lemmon Ave.
Resource Center and C.U.R.E. both have events planned locally to mark World AIDS Day. Resource Center holds its Red Ribbon Bash on Nov. 30 at The Stoneleigh Hotel in Dallas, and C.U.R.E. holds its World AIDS Day event Dec. 1 at Noah’s Event Venue in Richardson. See the Gay Agenda listings for details.
This article appeared in the Dallas Voice print edition November 25, 2016.