Have an event coming up? Email your information to staff writer James Russell at firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday at 10 a.m. for that week’s issue.
• Weekly: Lambda Weekly every Sunday at 1 p.m. on 89.3 KNON-FM; United Black Ellument hosts discussion on HIV/AIDS in the black community at 7 p.m. every second Tuesday of the month at 3116 Commerce St., Suite C; Fuse game night every Monday evening but the last of the month at 8 p.m. at the Fuse space in the ilume, 4123 Cedar Springs Road, Apt 2367; Fuse Connect every Wednesday from 7 p.m. at the Fuse Space. For more information call or e-mail Ruben Ramirez at 214-540-4500 or email@example.com.
• Dec. 31: Two Corks and a Bottle
Two Corks and a Bottle, 2800 Routh St., Ste. 140, hosts a New Year’s Eve party, 8 p.m.-1 a.m., with complimentary party favors, a potluck meal and complimentary toast at midnight. Live music with Mary Lee on guitar. For more information call 214-871-WINE or visit TwoCorksAndABottle.com.
• Dec. 31: New Year’s Eve at The Grapevine Bar
The Grapevine Bar, 3902 Maple Ave., hosts its Retro New Year’s Eve Party, beginning at 7 p.m., with special guest DJ Christopher J from Los Angeles, and Berlin, featuring Terri Nunn. Cover is $1. For information visit TheGrapevineBar.com.
• Jan. 7: Trans Pride Initiative Board Meeting
Open to the public. 6:30 p.m. at Brazos Room, Center for Community Cooperation, 2900 Live Oak Street. For more information e-mail Nell Gaither at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Jan 12: Survivors Offering Support
Support group meeting for survivors of violent attacks meets every second Tuesday of the month at 7 p.m. Resource Center, 2701 Reagan.
• Jan. 15: Little Black Dress preview party
Designers for the 10th annual Fashion CITED show are having an LBD competition to see whose dress is best. Complimentary valet, food and drinks. Benefits Legal Hospice of Texas. 6:30-9 p.m. at Park Place Volvo, 3515 Inwood Road.
• Jan. 17: The Wedding Workshop
The Same-Sex Marriage 101 and Creating a Budget 102 workshops run by wedding industry experts will ensure your wedding is a success. 9-11 a.m. at Renaissance Dallas Hotel, 2222 Stemmons Fwy. Sponsored by Dallas Voice. To register and for more information visit TheWeddingPartyExpo.com.
• Jan. 17: The Wedding Party and Expo: A LGBT Community Event
The largest wedding expo in Texas includes exhibitors, entertainment, free cake and more. 1-5 p.m. at Renaissance Dallas Hotel, 2222 Stemmons Fwy. Sponsored by Dallas Voice. Admission and parking are free with registration. To register and for more information visit TheWeddingPartyExpo.com.
• Jan. 22: Our Bodies Our Lives 2016
Reproductive rights continue under attack. Dale Hansen and Amy Vanderoef appear from 6-8 p.m. DJ Jonathan Graham spins for a dance party from 8-10 p.m. Seven for Parties, 150 Turtle Creek Blvd. RSVP on the group’s Facebook page.
• Feb. 6: Dash for the Beads
Mardi Gras festival with 5K fun run, one mile walk, costume contest, beer garden with live music. 9:30 a.m. at Kidd Springs Park, 711 W. Canty St.
This article appeared in the Dallas Voice print edition December 25, 2015.