Have an event coming up? Email your
information to staff writer James Russell at email@example.com by Thursday at 10 a.m.
for that week’s issue.
• Weekly: Lambda Weekly every Sunday at 1 p.m. on 89.3 KNON-FM with guests John Horany and the Rev. Ben Hensley of Oak Lawn United Methodist Church; United Black Ellument hosts discussion on HIV/AIDS in the black community at 7 p.m. every second Tuesday of the month at 3116 Commerce St., Suite C; Fuse game night every Monday evening but the last of the month at 8 p.m. at the Fuse space in the ilume, 4123 Cedar Springs Road, Apt 2367; Fuse Connect every Wednesday from 7 p.m. at the Fuse Space. For more information call or e-mail Ruben Ramirez at 214-540-4500 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• March 5: Moving the Food Pantry
Teams of volunteers needed to move the food pantry from its Denton Drive Cutoff location to 2701 Reagan St. To help, contact Volunteer Coordinator Deborah Cavazos at
• March 5: Pride Easter Hunt and Pet Fest
TCGPWA hosts a free and family-friendly event with vendors, games, entertainment and more at the Forest Park Shelter House, 2600 Forest Dr. S. For more information contact Richard Tinker at 817-921-3318 or email@example.com.
• March 5: Resource Center’s Toast to Life Mad Hatter’s Ball
Enjoy a night of food from top local chefs and entertainment by DJ Bunny at this annual benefit for Resource Center programs from 7-11 p.m. at the Empire Room, 1225 N. Riverfront Blvd. For tickets and more information visit Bit.ly/1VnT1vq.
• March 5: Reverchon Park Roundup
The 18th annual cleanup includes planting flowerbeds, clearing out trash and removing fallen tree limbs. Pants, long sleeve shirts, sturdy shoes, gloves, rakes and other small tools recommended. 9:30 a.m. registration and orientation followed by 10 a.m. clean up and a complimentary lunch at 11:30 a.m. at 3505 Maple Ave. For more information and to volunteer e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 214-559-7825.
• March 5-6: Dallas Home and Garden Show
Features 250 vendors, entertainment and more from 11 a.m.-5 p.m. on Friday; 10 a.m.-7 p.m. on Saturday; and 11 a.m.-5 p.m. on Sunday at Dallas Market Hall Center, 2200 Stemmons Fwy. Ticket pieces vary. Discount coupons available at Tom Thumb and Randall’s.
For more information visit TexasHomeandGarden.com.
• March 6: You’ll Never Walk Alone
Oak Lawn UMC presents “You’ll Never Walk Alone: A Community Gathering of Hope, Unity, and Support for the Oak Lawn Neighborhood.”
The program expresses the community’s appreciation for the leadership displayed by Mayor Rawlings and the Dallas Police Department in the face of recent violent attacks in Oak Lawn. Performances by the Dallas Police Choir, the Oak Lawn Band and Oak Lawn UMC’s Chancel Choir. 6-7:30 p.m. at Oak Lawn United Methodist Church,
3014 Oak Lawn Ave.
• March 9: Mother Michial Community Service Awards
Awards presented by the Imperial Court de Fort Worth/Arlington with performances by category winners. 7 p.m. at Club Reflection, 604 S. Jennings St., Fort Worth.
• March 10: ‘Same Difference’ documentary screening
Screening of documentary about lesbians who discriminate against other lesbians based on gender roles at 8:30 p.m. at Angelika Film Center Dallas, 5321 E. Mockingbird Ln. Tickets available at Tugg.com/events/87275.
• March 10: Gray Pride: Senior Moments
Get to know The Senior Source with special presentations by Gretchen Feinhals and Arreal Turner who will discuss provide an overview of the agency’s variety of senior programs and services for the monthly meeting for LGBT seniors from 6-8 p.m. every third Thursday of the month at Resource Center, 2701 Reagan St. Free. For more information call 214-528-0144 or e-mail GrayPride@myresourcecenter.org.
• March 11: 50 Shades of Gay
Speed dating for gay, bi and trans men interested in men hosted by The Jennifer Experience. $5 fundraiser for LGBTQ teen organization Real live Connection. From 7:30-9 p.m. at Alexandre’s, 4026 Cedar Springs road.
• March 11-13: Texas Bear Round Up
Annual Texas Bear Round Up takes place at two hotels, Love Field Hotel and Suites, 1241 W. Mockingbird Lane, and Crowne Plaza Hotel, 7050 Stemmons Freeway. Day time events including registration is at Love Field and evening events at the Crowne Plaza Hotel. To register and for more information visit TBRU.org.
• March 11: TBRU BearDance Fat Friday
TBRU’s biggest fundraiser featuring DJ Roke Cabrera and DJ Chris Spear at Crowne Plaza Hotel, 7050 Stemmons Freeway.
• March 11-13: Imperial Court Coronation XXXVII
Punking the Palace — The Windsors Meet Steampunk: An Evening at Buckingham Palace. Coronation is at 5 p.m. on Saturday night in the main ballroom of the host hotel. Radisson North-Fossil Creek, 2540 Meacham Blvd., Fort Worth.
• March 16: An Evening on Lesbian Pregnancy
Path2Parenthood and California Cryobank present a program focusing on critical information lesbians need to know when considering pregnancy. From 6:30-8:30 p.m.
at Interfaith Peace Chapel, 5910 Cedar Springs Road.
• March 17: GALANTX Third Thursday
Third Thursday from 5:30-8 p.m. at Parkway Tavern, 3645 Dallas Parkway, Plano.
• March 17: LGBT Reception for Fort Worth Police Chief Joel Fitzgerald
LGBT community welcomes Fort Worth’s new police chief from 6-8 p.m. at The Classic Wine Storage & Services, 2915 Riverglen Dr,
• March 18: High Tech Happy Hour and SMU Cox School of Business LGBTQ & Allies
Texas Instruments Pride, the LGBT and ally diversity group, and SMU Cox School of Business Strategic Alliance LGBT and ally group hosts a special High Tech Happy Hour from 5:30-7:30 p.m. at the Meadows Museum, 5900 Bishop Blvd. Complimentary parking available in the two lower levels of museum parking garage. Complimentary hors d’oeuvres and cash bar .For more information e-mail Paul von Wupperfeld at email@example.com.
• Through March 18: White Rock Community Church Stations of the Cross
The 14 Stations of the Cross are depicted by tattoo artists from Taboo Tattoo and Tigger’s Body Art in Deep Ellum 6:30 p.m. each Friday through Lent at White Rock Community Church, 9353 Garland Road. To learn more visit Whiterockchurch.info or call
• March 20: The Wedding Workshop: An LGBT Community Event
Three-hour, hands-on seminar featuring wedding industry experts guides couples through all the steps for planning a memorable wedding. 9:30 a.m.-12:45 p.m.
at the Renaissance Dallas Hotel, 2222 N. Stemmons Freeway. For more information call 214-754-8710 ext. 126 or
visit LGBTWeddingWorkshop.com. Admission and parking are free with registration.
• March 20: The Wedding Party and Expo: An LGBT Community Event
Presented by the Dallas Voice, the largest LGBT wedding expo in Texas includes exhibitors, a fashion show, food samples, a community marketplace and free cake. Donnie Brown serves as celebrity host. 1-5 p.m. at the Renaissance Dallas Hotel, 2222 N. Stemmons Freeway. For more information call 214-754-8710 ext. 126 or e-mail EXPO@dallasvoice.com. Register at TheWeddingPartyEXPO.com. Admission and parking are free with registration.
March 9: Mother Michial Community Service Awards
This article appeared in the Dallas Voice print edition March 4, 2016.