Have an event coming up? Email your information to staff writer James Russell at firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday at 10 a.m. for that week’s issue.
• Weekly: Lambda Weekly every Sunday at 1 p.m. on 89.3 KNON-FM. Leslie Jordan is this week’s guest. United Black Ellument hosts discussion on HIV/AIDS in the black community at 7 p.m. every second Tuesday of the month at 3116 Commerce St., Suite C; Fuse game night every Monday evening but the last of the month at 8 p.m. at the Fuse space in the ilume, 4123 Cedar Springs Road, Apt 2367; Fuse Connect every Wednesday from 7 p.m. at the Fuse Space. For more information call or e-mail Ruben Ramirez at 214-540-4500 or email@example.com.
• Sept. 4-7: Equality Texas Splash Days
Weekend circuit event in Austin benefits Splash Days beneficiaries AIDS Services of Austin, Equality Texas and Project Transition. For tickets and more information visit Splashdays.com.
• Sept. 5: DFW Trans Ladies Monthly Meeting
Meets from 7-8:30 p.m. on the first Saturday of every month at Agape MCC, 4615 E. California Parkway, Fort Worth. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit DFWTGLadies.org.
• Sept. 5: DFW Transcendence Drag Fundraiser at Rainbow Ranch
LGBT-owned campground hosts Labor Day weekend drag fundraiser for DFW Transcendence. Rainbow Ranch, 1662 LCR 800, Groesbeck. Campgrounds, cabins and RV sites available. $10 grounds fee. For more information, contact Finn Jones by phone at 214-499-0378 or by email at email@example.com. For more information on Rainbow Ranch visit Rainbowranch.net.
• Sept. 9: Lambda Legal Dallas Fall Mixer
Meet new friends and learn about Lambda Legal’s victories from 5:30–7:30 p.m. at Dallas Fish Market, 1501 Main St. For more information call Carla McKinzie at 214-219-8585.
• Sept. 9: Edo Popken of Switzerland Benefit for AIDS Interfaith Network
Celebrate the apparel line’s second anniversary benefitting AIDS Interfaith Network with a salsa bar hosted by El Bolero, cocktails and coffee. For more information to RSVP contact Courtney Edwards at 214-728-2918 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Sept. 11: High Tech Happy Hour
Texas Instruments Pride, the LGBT and ally diversity group, hosts its monthly High Tech Happy Hour to increase professional and social contacts between groups and individuals and to foster community. 5:300-7:30 p.m. at Sambuca Uptown, 2120 McKinney Ave. For more information email Paul von Wupperfeld at email@example.com.
• Sept. 12: Jennings Street Jam
Health Education and Learning Project and 20 other organizations host music, food, adult carnival games, HIV testing and the crowning of the 2015 Condom Queen in the parking lot of Club Reflection, 604 S. Jennings Ave., Fort Worth. For more information contact DeeJay Johannessen at 817-332-772.
• Sept. 12: AIDS Outreach Center Hope Walk Registration Party 2015
Register for the 2015 Hope Walk while enjoying some surprise free giveaways from 7-10 p.m. at Dr. Jekyll’s Beer Lab, 2420 W. Park Row, Pantego. For more information visit AOC.org/walk.
• Sept. 12: HRC DFW Federal Club Fall Luncheon
Learn about LGBT advancements with JoDee Winterhof, senior vice president for policy and political affairs at HRC, from 10:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. at The Tower Club, Thanksgiving Tower, 1601 Elm St., 48th Floor. RSVP required. Business casual. Seating limited to 200. For tickets visit Bit.ly/1hvu7MC.
• Sept. 13: Tarrant County Gay Pride Week Association Meeting
Tarrant County Pride’s monthly meeting at 3 p.m. at the Barron House at Celebration Community Church, 908 Pennsylvania Ave., Fort Worth.
• Sept. 14: Tarrant County Stonewall Democrats
Monthly meeting begins at 7 p.m. at Tommy’s Hamburgers, 2455 Forest Park Blvd., Fort Worth. For more information e-mail Info@tarrantstonewall.org.
• Sept. 15: JEWEL Lesbian Fiction Book Club
Monthly book club discussion meets every third Tuesday of the month from 7–9 p.m. at ilume, 4123 Cedar Springs Road. Open to all women. Free. For more information e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sept. 12: Jennings Street Jam
As Fort Worth’s Jennings Street grows as a hub for the city’s LGBT scene, a group of local organizations celebrate the season with the Jennings Street Jam. Sponsored by the Health Education and Learning Project and 20 other organizations, organizer DeeJay Johannessen promises live music, food and free HIV testing. There are some more scintillating options as well. Check out the adult carnival games and the crowning of the 2015 Condom Queen. The Cowtown Leathermen will also announce the 2016 Mr. Cowtown Leatherman. 6 p.m.-midnight in the parking lot of Club Reflection, 604 S. Jennings Ave., Fort Worth. Free. For more information contact DeeJay Johannessen at 817-332-772.
This article appeared in the Dallas Voice print edition September 4, 2015.