What were your favorite pop singles for 2010? I think it was actually a pretty good year for pop music as the charts returned to being dominated by catchy pop/dance numbers, the scourge of auto-tune notwithstanding.
My top ten:
1. Tightrope – Janelle Monae
2. I Feel Better – Hot Chip
3. Credit Card Babies (Stereogamous Remix) – Men
4. Wonderful Life (Freemasons Remix) – Hurts
5. Amazing Grace – Boy George feat. Ana Lains
6. Rolling In The Deep – Adele
7. Rocket – Goldfrapp
8. Any Which Way – Scissor Sisters
9. All The Lovers – Kylie Minogue
10. Je Ne Sais Quoi – Hera Björk
Dr. Jeff previewed this list and screamed at me for not including any Robyn, but I couldn’t even name one of her records. Minus gay points for that, I was told. And I’m sure I’ll facepalm later today for forgetting something else that I found major at some point during the year. Anyway, now you.