• Avatar wins its first Oscar of the evening, for art direction.
• Gay designer (and now filmmaker) Tom Ford co-presents the costuming Oscar to Sandy Powell for The Young Victoria.
• Taylor Lautner presents an award. Sigh. Too bad it was presenting a banal intro to a montage of horror films.
• The Hurt Locker wins two sound awards expected to go to Avatar, setting up a potential sweep in the major categories.
• Up wins the score Oscar for Lost‘s Michael Giacchino; visual effects (presented by bisexual actor Gerard Butler) goes as expected to Avatar. The count now stands at three Avatar, three Hurt Locker, two Precious, two Up.
Powered by Facebook Comments