Finally! The new Parkland Hospital facility opens Thursday. (See my colleague David Taffet’s photos of the new facility here.). Because of the transition between facilities, Councilman Adam Medrano’s office distributed the following notice:
- The emergency room, urgent care center and labor and delivery units will close at the current facility at 6 a.m. tomorrow, Thurs, Aug. 20 and immediately open at the new facility.
- Current inpatients will be transported to the new facility via the Mike A. Myers Sky Bridge Aug. 20-22. Clinical staff will be on the route to make sure patients get to the new hospital safely.
- All clinics in the outpatient clinic tower will remain in their current locations. Only the Women and Infants Specialty Health clinic will move to the new facility.
- Service to and from Parkland via public transit will continue. DART facilities on both sides of Harry Hines Blvd. as well as the Trinity Railway Express rail station will be open for service.
- Patient and visitor parking is available in the Tower Garage, which is accessible from Tex Oak Avenue, where the daily parking rate is $5.
For additional information, visit NewParklandHospital.com.