AIDS Services Dallas President and CEO Don Maison is looking for a place to live for the next three months after a fire started in the upstairs apartment of his East Dallas duplex.
ASD began providing housing for persons living with AIDS in 1985. Maison has headed the organization since 1989, helping to provide a place to live for thousands of people over the years. But now Maison is without a home.
“I’m fine,” Maison said. “No one was hurt.”
The fire began in the upstairs apartment when Maison’s tenant lit a fire in the fireplace. Flames got behind the wall starting the fire. Ten firetrucks responded. Maison said his part of the houses suffered mostly water and smoke damage. There were no injuries.
Maison said he was surprised when firefighters entered his house with tarps and covered — and saved — his artwork and piano.
However, structural damage will take several months to repair. Insurance is covering the damage and a temporary place to live. Maison said he thinks he found something near his house where they will sign just a three month lease with him.
Powered by Facebook Comments