• Through Sept. 14: Play Pride Festival
Bishop Arts Theatre Center, 215 N. Tyler St.
• Through Sept. 20: Pride Performing Arts Festival
Uptown Players, Kalita Humphreys Theater, 3636 Turtle Creek Blvd. UptownPlayers.org
• Sept. 13. Car Wash for LifeWalk Team Heart
Throckmorton at Cedar Springs, in the parking lot behind Zinni’s and Skivvies, 11 a.m.-3 p.m. All proceeds benefit LifeWalk and the clients of AIDS Arms Inc. Donations only. For information call 214-521-5191. LifeWalk.org.
• Sept. 13: Destination : Dragon Street Guys and Dolls 2014 Silent Auction and Art Show.
Private home at 1531 Dragon St., 7-11 p.m. $35 per person. For information call 214-418-5429 or email email@example.com. Benefits LifeWalk and AIDS Arms Inc. LifeWalk.org.
• Sept. 13: Gay Day at Six Flags hosted by Dallas Voice
Discount tickets good Sept. 13, 14 or 20. $35 including parking if booked online. 10:30 a.m.–
8 p.m. is.gd.W00KU
• Sept. 13: Tarrant County Gay Pride Week Association Casino Coach Day Trip
Bus trip to Louisiana Downs casino and race track. $30. 8 a.m.–9 p.m. TCGPWA.org
• Sept. 14: Coexist — Youth Lead Interfaith Sunday
Youth from around the Dallas area are invited to join the congregation of Cathedral of Hope UCC for worship while honoring their own faith,
11 a.m., at CoH, 5910 Cedar Springs Road. CathedralofHope.com
• Sept. 19: Red Party
Benefits Legacy Counseling Center and Founders Cottage. The Globe, 525 S. Riverfront Blvd.,
9–11 p.m. RedPartyDallas.org
• Sept. 19: CinèWilde Presents “Longtime Companion”
Benefits LifeWalk Team CGGCares. Texas Theatre, 231 W. Jefferson Blvd., 8 p.m. For more information e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Sept. 20: LGBT book presentation
Oak Lawn Library, 4100 Cedar Springs Road.
• Sept. 20: Purple Party
The Loft, 1135 S. Lamar St., Dallas. $35 Online/$40 Door. 10 p.m.–4 a.m. PurpleFoundation.org
• Sept. 20: Dallas Teen Pride
Cathedral of Hope, 5910 Cedar Springs Road. Teens free. Adults $5. 2–7 p.m. RealConnect.org
• Sept. 20: Austin Pride festival and parade
Festival 11 a.m.–6 p.m. Fiesta Gardens, 2101 Jesse Segovia St., Austin. Parade 6–10 p.m. Congress Ave. in downtown Austin. AustinPride.org
• Sept. 21: Alan Ross Texas Freedom Parade
“Reflection of Pride: Stonewall 45.” Cedar Springs Road from Wycliff Ave. to Turtle Creek Blvd. Begins at 2 p.m. DallasPride.org
• Sept. 21: Festival in Lee Park
Lee Park, 3333 Turtle Creek Blvd. $5. Noon–7 p.m. DallasPride.org
• Sept. 22–30: The Gay Softball World Series
• Sept. 25: Outrageous Oral
Rose Room (inside Station 4), 3911 Cedar Springs Road. Doors open at 6:30 p.m., program starts at 7 p.m. Features Lory Masters, Cece Cox and Emma Colquitt with Dee Pennington as Mistress of Ceremonies.
• Sept. 25-28: Beyond Vanilla XXIV.
Host hotel is Crowne Plaza — Downtown, 1015 Elm St. Overflow hotel is Hotel Lawrence, 302 S. Houston St. Events at the Crowne Plaza and at Dallas Eagle, 5740 Maple Ave. BeyondVanilla.org.
• Sept. 26: 5 Factor
7 for Parties, 150 Turtle Creek Blvd., Suite 107.
7–9 p.m. $50. MyResourceCenter.org
• Sept. 27: Jackie K. Jones Memorial Ride
Revlon Courtyard, 720 N. Lancaster Ave. to White Rock Lake and back. 9:30 a.m. Benefits AIDS Service Dallas. AIDSDallas.org
• Sept. 28: ‘Same Love, Same Rights’ LGBT Wedding Expo
150 Turtle Creek Blvd., Ste. 107, 12:30-3:30 p.m. Event is free but donations of $5 requested. For information call 828-645-8750. RainbowWeddingNetwork.com.
• Sept. 30: GLBT Business & Community Expo
Warwick Melrose, 3015 Oak Lawn Ave., 4-7:30 p.m. Sponsored by North Texas GLBT Chamber of Commerce. Free admission; exhibitor tables $100 each or $75 for a shared table. For information contact Tony Vedda by phone at 214-865-6516 or by email at email@example.com. GLBTChamber.org.
• Oct. 2: Teen Pride
Music, dancing and pizza for ages 14-19. Celebration Community Church, 908 Pennsylvania Ave, Fort Worth. 6–8 p.m. Celebration-Community-Church.com
• Oct. 2–4: Southern Regional Health Disparities & Leadership Conference
Crowne Plaza, 1015 Elm St. BHAPConference.org
• Oct. 2–6: Dallas Black Pride Weekend
Crowne Plaza Hotel, 1015 Elm St. DallasSouthernPride.com
• Oct. 4: Tarrant County Pride parade, festival
Parade steps off at Weatherford and Houston St. Noon–6 p.m. TCGPWA.org
• Oct. 5: LifeWalk
Lee Park, 3333 Turtle Creek Blvd. Register 11 a.m. Walk at 1 p.m. LifeWalk.org
• Oct. 5. Tarrant County Pride Picnic
Trinity Park, 2987 Trinity Park Dr, Fort Worth. Noon–6 p.m. TCGPWA.org
• Oct. 9–12: QCinema Film Festival
• Oct. 16: Great Gatsby Party
Benefits AIDS Interfaith Network. The home of Faye C. Briggs, 5909 Desco Drive. 3–6 p.m. AIDSInterfaithnetwork.org
• Oct. 18: Spooktacular
Fundraiser for the GLBT Leadership Education and Advocacy Program (GLBT LEAP), 6-9 p.m., at ilume 2, 3109 Douglas Ave. For information call 214-865-6516.
• Oct. 17–18: International Gay Rodeo Finals
John Justin Arena, 1051 Rip Johnson Road, Fort Worth. $15 one day, $25 two days. IGRA.com
• Oct. 25: Halloween on Cedar Springs Road
• Nov. 14: Wanda Sykes with Keith Robinson
Majestic Theater, 1925 Elm St. 8 p.m.
Tickets available at TicketMaster.com
• Nov. 15: Black Tie Dinner
Dallas Sheraton Hotel, 400 N. Olive St. $400.
6 p.m.–midnight. BlackTie.org
• Nov. 20: Transgender Day of Remembrance
Details of local observances to come. Facebook.com/TransDOR.Dallas.
This article appeared in the Dallas Voice print edition September 12, 2014.