The Lesbian Issue: Women making the Scene in Oak Lawn
Making the SCENE the week of Jan. 15–21:
• Alexandre’s: Ashleigh Smith on Friday. Mahogany on Saturday. Chris Chism on Wednesday. Alicia Silex on Thursday.
• BJ’s NXS!: Show off your Favorite Underwear contest at 10:30 p.m. on Wednesday.
• Brick/Joe’s: Dannee Phann has a assembled a blockbuster lineup to celebrate Alyssa Edwards’ birthday on Saturday.
• Changes: Bubble LaRue’s F**k’em All show at 10 p.m. on Saturday benefits AIDS Outreach Center.
• Club Reflection: Cowtown Leathermen annual chili cook-off at 4 p.m. on Sunday. Wall of Food pageant at 8 p.m. on Thursday.
• Dallas Eagle: DFW Leather Corps club night on Friday. MasT Dallas meeting at 2 p.m. on Saturday. Ladies of Leather and Lace present Somewhere Over the Rainbow to benefit GDMAF and CURE at 8 p.m. on Saturday.
• JR.’s Bar & Grill: Dream Girls with Chanel, Sassy, Nikki, Fantasha and Vita Summers on Thursday.
• Round-Up Saloon: Bear happy hour from 6-9 p.m. on Friday. Free self-defense training lesson taught by Chuck Gary and David Downing is free and open to the community at noon on Sunday.
• Sue Ellen’s: Mustache Envy on Friday. Cami Maki & the Conspirators on Saturday. Kathy & Bella at 3 p.m. and Marisela Trio at 6 p.m. on Sunday.
• Urban Cowboy Saloon: Karaoke night at 9 p.m. on Thursday.
• Woody’s Sports & Video Bar: Watch the divisional games on the big screen on Saturday and Sunday.
This article appeared in the Dallas Voice print edition January 15, 2016.