Making the SCENE the week of May 27–June 2:
• Alexandre’s: Filter Kings on Friday. No Label on Saturday. So Strung Out with Spencer West on Thursday.
• BJ’s NXS!: The Addicted Summer Preview Fashion Show from 9-10 p.m. on Friday.
• Barbara’s Pavilion: Third Annual Reunion at 6 p.m. on Sunday with karaoke with Dounle Dee at 6:30 p.m. Barbara’s is in charge of the meat. Bring a salad, casserole, horse d’oeuvre, chips, dip, dessert, paper products.
• Brick/Joe’s: A Decade of Decameron Empire birthday celebration on Friday. Plunge, the NAGVA after-banquet party, at 10 p.m. on Sunday.
• Cedar Springs Tap House: Summer kickoff pool party at ilume featuring DJ Mateo from 1-5 p.m. on Sunday.
• Club Changes: Wall of Food Luau buffet, party and limbo contest at 7 p.m. and show at 9 p.m. on Saturday.
• Club Reflection: Imperial Court cookout at 4 p.m. on Sunday.
• Dallas Eagle: National Leather Association–Dallas presents Leather Perspectives from 1:30-5 p.m. on Saturday. BootLab welcomes everyone from beginners to experts who would like to know more about bootblacking from 2-4 p.m. on Sunday. The Grand Duckies of The United Court of the Lone Star Empire host a lemonade party and stand at The Patio Bar benefiting the UCLSE General Fund at 5 p.m. on Sunday.
• JR.’s Bar & Grill: Real Housewives of Dallas event with LeeAnne Locken and Tiffaney Hendra from 8-10 p.m.
• Kaliente: NAGVA dance party Avion on Friday.
• S4: Turbulence, the NAGVA dance party, from 10 p.m.-2 a.m. on Saturday.
• Sue Ellen’s: Scott Isaacs on Friday. Ciao Bella on Saturday. Kathy & Bella at 3 p.m. and Barefoot Hippies at 6 p.m. on Sunday. Memorial Day T & A Karaoke on Monday.
• Two Corks and a Bottle: Denise Lee at 7:30 p.m. on Tuesday.
• Woody’s Sports & Video Bar: NAGVA after-banquet party at 10 p.m.
Scene Photographers: Kat Haygood and Chad Mantooth.
This article appeared in the Dallas Voice print edition May 27, 2016.