Making the SCENE the week of March 25–31:
• Alexandre’s: Filter Kings on Friday. No Label on Saturday. Chris Chism on Wednesday. Alicia Silex on Thursday.
• Brick/Joe’s: 50 Shades of Black celebrating Thad Jo and Drew hosted by Ida Mae Watergate on Friday. Carizmah Royale 25th Aries B’day Bash on Friday. Wintergreen 2016 emceed by Sable Alexander at 8 p.m. on Saturday.
• Cedar Springs Tap House: Alex’s going away party at 7 p.m. on Monday.
• Club Reflection: Trinity River Bears meeting at 2:30 p.m. and cookout and Easter Bonnet Contest at 4 p.m. on
• Dallas Eagle: Home for the Holidays show and auction benefiting Home for the Holidays from 7-10 p.m. on Friday. NLA Dallas presents Leather Perspectives from 1:30–5 p.m. on Saturday. United Court of the Lone Star Empire show at 7 p.m. on Saturday.
• JR.’s Bar & Grill: Net Chix Exposed with Krystal and Asia on Tuesday.
• Round-Up Saloon: Easter Basket Auction benefits Resource Center and Texas Gay Rodeo Association. Doors open at 6 p.m. Easter bonnet contest at 6:30 p.m. with cash prizes for the best solo and best group. Auction at 7 p.m. on Sunday. Baskets can be previewed in the Parlor on Saturday night.
• Sue Ellen’s: Adrian Johnston on Friday. Ciao Bella on Saturday. Kathy & Bella at 3 p.m. and Tyla Taylor at 6 p.m. on Sunday.
• The Rose Room: Kelexis, Layla, Cassie, Porsche Paris, Krystal, Valerie and Jenna on Saturday.
• Woody’s Sports & Video Bar: Mojo Dolls on the backlot stage hosted by Jada Pinket Fox on Sunday.
Scene Photographers: Kat Haygood and Chad Mantooth.
For photos of the rest of the 2016 RVA Winners, check out our 2016 RVA Issue, published Friday, March 18, in print and online.
This article appeared in the Dallas Voice print edition March 25, 2016.