Making the SCENE the week of Oct. 28–Nov. 3:
• Cedar Springs Halloween Block Party on Saturday night, starting at 7 p.m.
• Alexandre’s: Genre featuring K-Marie on Friday. Wayne Smith on Sunday. K-Marie on Tuesday. Ilumin on Wednesday.
• BJ’s NXS!: The Haunted Mansion on Fitzhugh and costume contest at 8 p.m. on Friday.
• Cedar Grove: Drag Brunch MC’d by Jenni P at 10:30 a.m., 12:30 p.m. and 2:30 p.m. on Sunday.
• Club Reflection: Halloween costume contest at midnight on Saturday. Imperial Court cookout at 4 p.m. on Sunday.
• Dallas Eagle: United Court of the Lone Star Empire Out of Town Show from 6-10 p.m. on Friday. Butcher’s Meat Market Halloween party with costume contest at midnight on Saturday. United Court of the Lone Star Empire Victory Party and show from 2–10 p.m. on Sunday.
• JR.’s Bar & Grill: Halloween preliminary costume contest at 11 p.m. on Monday.
• Marty’s Live: Revolution Massacre with DJ Mike James from 9 p.m.-2 a.m. on Saturday.
• Rainbow Lounge: A Hocus Pocus Halloween featuring Kristina Starr and cast on Saturday.
• S4: Halloween costume contest finals at midnight.
• Sue Ellen’s: Kathy & Bella at 3:30 and Bad Habits at 6 p.m. on Sunday. Halloween preliminary costume contest at 11 p.m. on Monday.
• The Rose Room: Special Halloween show with with Cassie, Asia and Jen on Monday.
• TMC: The Mining Company: Halloween preliminary costume contest at 11 p.m. on Monday.
• Two Corks and a Bottle: Show Tune Night from 7-10 p.m. on Wednesday.
• Urban Cowboy Saloon: Halloween drag show from 6-8 p.m. and costume contest on Saturday.
• Woody’s Sports & Video Bar: Woody’s Squad backlot party from 9 p.m.-close on Saturday and I Love the Scary 90s from 9 p.m.-close on Monday. •
Scene Photographers: Kat Haygood and Chad Mantooth
This article appeared in the Dallas Voice print edition October 28, 2016.