The Emmy nominations came out this morning, and here’s a list of some gay interest on the final list:
• “Prayers for Bobby,” about a homophobic woman who has an awakening when her gay son commits suicide and becomes a PFLAG icon, was nominated for best TV movie and actress Sigourney Weaver.
• “Big Love,” the drama about polygamists created by a gay couple (and on which Oscar winner Dustin Lance Black worked while writing his screenplay for “Milk”) was finally nominated for best drama series.
• Out actor and big-time gay activist Ian McKellen was nominated for his performance as “King Lear,” and lesbian actress Cherry Jones was cited for supporting actress in a drama for playing the president of the United States on “24.”
• Gay actor Neil Patrick Harris, who will be hosting this year’s Emmy ceremony (after the universal acclaim foisted on him following his Tony Award hosting duties) was again nominated for best supporting actor for playing a womanizer on “How I Met Your Mother.”
• There were major nominations as well for gay-friendly shows like “Pushing Daisies” “Ugly Betty,” and of course frontrunner “30 Rock.”
“Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D List,” is again up for outstanding reality program, and “Kathy Griffin: She’ll Cut a Bitch,” is nominated for best music or comedy special.
Powered by Facebook Comments