Stonewall Democrats of Denton County has endorsed 16 candidates in the March 2010 Democratic Primary election.
The endorsements were announced this week following a candidates forum two weeks ago, attended by local and statewide candidates for the Democratic Primary. Stonewall Denton then mailed follow-up questionnaires on LGBT equality issues to all of the potential candidates. The questionnaires also included questions on local issues such as gas drilling abuses in western Denton County.
Endorsements were approved a membership meeting held Jan. 30.
Endorsed candidates are:
• Paul Gomez for Denton County justice of the peace for Precinct 1.
• Bill Barnett for Denton County justice of the peace Precinct 6.
• Stephen Stephens for Denton County probate court judge.
• Neil Durrance for U.S. Congressional District 26.
• John Sharp for U.S. Senate.
• Bill White for governor.
• Linda Chavez-Thompson for lieutenant governor.
• Barbara Ann Radnofsky for attorney general.
• Hank Gilbert for agriculture commissioner.
• Hector Uribe for General Land Office commissioner.
• Jeff Weems for railroad commissioner.
• Keith Hampton for Court of Criminal Appeals.
• Jim Sharp for Texas Supreme Court Place 3.
• Bill Moody for Texas Supreme Court Place 5.
• Blake Bailey for Texas Supreme Court Place 9.
• Morris Overstreet for Court of Appeals chief justice.
For more information go online to StonewallDemocratsOfDentonCounty.org.