Ever since our traditional Easter celebration in Dallas was nixed over money woes, gay Dallas has been looking for some other way to spend next Sunday, April 5. How about doing something romantic for your honey-bunny … or just something indulgent for yourself?
1. Beekman 1802 Hand and Body Wash. Those Fabulous Beekman Boys — husband-and-husband team Josh Kilmer-Purcell and Brent Ridge — are still at it with Beekman 1802 (you’ve probably seen them hard at work in their very own American Express commercial recently), a lifestyle brand born on their sprawling Upstate New York farm. To give your partner a skincare pick-me-up this spring, pack his basket with the delightfully perky Honeyed Grapefruit Body Wash and Honey & Orange Blossom Hand Wash. $20-$25; beekman1802.com.
2. FattyCakesNY Cookies. While you’re trying to avoid building a basket overloaded with empty calories you don’t have to shun sugar altogether. Satisfy his sweet tooth with FattyCakesNY’s Sweet n’ Salty Trio, six each of its three best-selling cookies, including Old Salt (triple chocolate with sea salt), The Norm (chocolate chip with sea salt), and PBCC (peanut butter with chocolate chips, pretzels and sea salt) … which, if it’s possible, sound just as delicious as they taste. $38; fattycakesny.com.
3. Menage A Trois Vodka. Two’s company, but three’s a night to remember with Ménage à Trois. This gluten-free vodka (it’s made from American corn) is distilled six times for a clean, smooth liquor, the high proof of which is brought down to 80 using pure mountain spring water. Flavors include original, citrus and berry, and cocktail recipes are available on the Ménage à Trois website. $22.99; menageatroisvodka.com.
4. Elizabeth W Bath Fizz. A gift for both of you to kick back and relax (if you have a tub suited for two), Elizabeth W aromatic bath-time effervescents include six foil-wrapped tablets in assorted scents. To color coordinate with the other holiday goodies in your basket, opt for the Leaves, Rose, & Sweet Tea fizz or the special-edition fizz in the shape of festive eggs. $20; elizabethw.com.
5. aussieBum Swimwear. Heat waves are on the horizon, and that can only mean one thing: Time to hit the beach. You’ll want him to look his best when he’s sopping wet with surf and sweat — and aussieBum’s got what he needs. Its Las Vegas short-leg boardie covers the junk but shows just enough leg to keep you excited, while the Speedo-style Superhero collection makes no bones about taking you up, up and away. $28.40-$31.95; aussiebum.com.
6. Illinois Nut & Candy. Illinois Nut & Candy offers a bevy of sweet selections (and plenty of nuts, too), but he’ll go gaga for its LGBT-friendly personalized chocolate options, available in dipped pretzels rods and peppermint patties. Other put-it-in-my-mouth confections include taffy apples, popcorn balls, English toffee and Jordan almonds. From $1.75; illinoisnut.com.
7. The Way He Looks DVD. End Easter on a high note with an LGBT DVD and a cuddle sesh. A new release of note, The Way He Looks from Wolfe Video, is a coming-of-age story about friendship and young love set to the music of Belle and Sebastian. Plus, the boys are cute. Do you need a better description? $19.95; wolfevideo.com.
— Mikey Rox