Despite violent crime drastically declining in 2012 in Oak Lawn, three people reported being robbed over the weekend.
• A 38-year-old man was walking in the 3100 block of Knight Street around 12:40 a.m. Sunday when three black men approached him with a handgun and robbed him, according to a Dallas police incident report.
The men stole his cell phone, wallet and $100. There is no listed description of the men.
• A 41-year-old man was robbed around 2 a.m. Saturday while walking in 3600 block of Douglas Avenue. A man reportedly began beating him until he fell to the ground. The man continued to hit him in the face before reaching into his pocket, finding $20 and fleeing.
• A 23-year-old woman was pushed to the ground and kicked while walking in the 3600 block of North Fitzhugh Avenue around 4 a.m. Sunday. Her cell phone and jewelry was stolen. She suffered minor injuries, according to the incident report.
Other incidents reported over the weekend included:
• A 55-year-old man reported being chased by a man with a knife to his second-story apartment in the 2600 block of Throckmorton Street Friday around 6 p.m.
The man chasing him didn’t say anything to him, according to the incident report, but the man was afraid because his pursuer had “a crazy look on his face.” The man reportedly stole wind chimes from outside the man’s apartment.
• A 37-year-old woman had her cell phone stolen while she was outside of her apartment in the 2800 block of Knight Street Sunday at 7:30 p.m. The suspect allegedly used force to steal her property but did not rob her, the report states.