Have an event coming up? Email your information to staff writer James Russell at firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday at 10 a.m. for that week’s issue.
• Weekly: Lambda Weekly every Sunday at 1 p.m. on 89.3 KNON-FM. Texas marriage equality plaintiffs Cleo De Leon and Nicole Dimetman; United Black Ellument hosts discussion on HIV/AIDS in the black community at 7 p.m. every second Tuesday of the month at 3116 Commerce St., Suite C; Fuse game night every Monday evening but the last of the month at 8 p.m. at the Fuse space in the ilume, 4123 Cedar Springs Road, Apt 2367; Fuse Connect every Wednesday from 7 p.m. at the Fuse Space. For more information call or e-mail Ruben Ramirez at 214-540-4500 or email@example.com.
• Jan. 29: Marketing Your Faith Community to the LGBT Audience
We’ll roll out the Dallas Voice welcome mat to provide an overview of news coverage and editorial; advertising; social media; community event calendars; the Dallas Voice website; eBlasts; and promotions for faith communities. RSVP to Kris Martin, 214-754-8710 ext. 115. 9:30 a.m.-noon. Dallas Voice, 1825 Market Center Blvd., Suite 240.
• Jan. 30: Tyler Area Gays Board Game Night
In the Genecov Room at the Tyler Area Chamber of Commerce, 315 N. Broadway, Tyler, 6-9 p.m. Attendees are encouraged to bring soda, snacks and games. Free parking on Line Street. For more information call 903-312-2081 or visit Tylerareagays.com.
• Jan. 30: New Texas Symphony Orchestra
An afternoon of dance music from favorite ballets by Tchaikovsky, Mussorgsky, Strauss and more performed with the Dallas Asian American Youth Orchestra. 5 p.m. Latino Cultural Center, 2600 Live Oak St.
• Jan. 30: Texas Leather Annual Chili Cook Off
Benefits the 2016 Mr. & Ms. Texas Leather Travel Fund from 3-5 p.m. at Dallas Eagle, 5740 Maple Ave.
• Jan. 30: Sable Alexander Presents Miss Gay Dallas State & State at Large
Benefits the Greg Dollgener Memorial AIDS Fund and C.U.R.E. Male interview at 1 p.m. Competition at 6:30 p.m. the BRICK Dallas, 2525 Wycliff Ave. $5 cover at the door. For more information visit MissGayTexasStatePageant.com
• Jan. 30-31: Travel and Adventure Show
Meet directly with hundreds of travel experts, try global cuisine and get exclusive deals at the Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center, 650 S. Griffin St. To register visit Travelshows.com/Dallas. Use the code VOICE to receive $8 off.
• Jan. 31: HRC DFW CarniBowl
Support Human Rights Campaign’s’ DFW chapter and win prizes. from 1:30-4 p.m. at USA Bowl, 10920 Composite Dr.$25 per person or $100 for a team of five. For tickets and more information visit Bit.ly/1Z8J8YT.
• Jan. 31: We Make Peace BBQ
Dallas LGBT presents barbecue with free food, games, bounce house, talent shows with DJ Klassik. Children welcome. 3-5 p.m. at Lakeside Park, 4601 Lakeside Dr., Highland Park.
• Feb. 3: First Wednesday Wine Walk
Money raised will support increased security in the neighborhood. Purchase wine glass in front of the Round-Up Saloon for $10 and enjoy wine at 19 area merchants. 6-9 p.m. on Cedar Springs Road.
• Feb. 4: Bloomin Ball kickoff
Gary Floyd and Denise Lee entertain. Light bites served. From 6-8 p.m. at Craighead Green Gallery, 1011 Dragon Street. $10 suggested donation benefits AIDS Interfaith Network.
• Feb. 4: Chick Happy Hour
6-10 p.m. at Cedar Springs Tap House, 4123 Cedar Springs Rd, Ste. 100. No cover, cash bar.
• Feb. 4: Fort Worth PFLAG Meeting
Special guest this week is David Adcock, chairman of AOC’s Evening of Hope. 6:45 p.m. at First Jefferson Unitarian Universalist Church, 1959 Sandy Lane, Fort Worth. For more information, call 817-428-2329 or visit PflagFortWorth.org.
• Feb. 5: Resource Center Toast to Life Sponsor Party
Sponsor appreciation party for Toast For Life – Mad Hatter’s Ball from 7-9 p.m. at 3525 Turtle Creek Blvd., Ste. 20BC. For more information to reserve tickets call 214-540-4458 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Feb. 6: Pride Adult Valentine Bingo
A game night for adults that benefits Tarrant County Gay Pride Week Association. 5-8 p.m. at First Congregational United Church of Christ, 4201 Trail Lake Dr., Fort Worth.
• Feb. 6: Lovebomb 2016 Benefit for Queerbomb Dallas
Benefit for Queerbomb Dallas’ annual event with entertainment and more at Zippers, 3333 N. Fitzhugh Ave. For more information visit On.fb.me/1Pf7ZQf.
• Feb. 6: Dash for the Beads
Mardi Gras festival with 5K fun run, one-mile walk, costume contest, beer garden with live music. 9:30 a.m. at Kidd Springs Park, 711 W. Canty St.
• Feb. 9: Ed-U-Care Building Bridge Network
Training group for caretakers of LGBT seniors hosts a dinner followed by screening of the movie Gen Silent for LGBT senior and caretaker needs 6-8:30 p.m. at The Senior Source, 3910 Harry Hines Blvd. For more information and to RSVP e-mail Sharyn Fein at email@example.com.
• Feb. 9: Terry Loftis: ‘Two for the Road’
Terry D. Loftis presents “Two For the Road,” an evening of romantic and love lost songs for Valentines. 7:30 p.m. at The Women’s Museum at Fair Park.
First Wednesday Wine Walk
Purchase a wine glass in front of the Round-Up Saloon for $10 and enjoy wine at 19 area merchants along Cedar Springs Road. Funds raised support efforts to increase security in the gayborhood.
This article appeared in the Dallas Voice print edition January 29, 2016.