Tarrant County Stonewall Democrats will launch their spring fundraising efforts Wednesday at the group’s Spring Fundraising Kick-off Party.
Fort Worth Councilman Joel Burns is scheduled to speak about various LGBT issues before introducing state Sen. Wendy Davis as the keynote speaker, said Felipe Gutierrez, president of Tarrant County Stonewall Democrats. Davis will highlight key issues at stake in her district and in the state, such as healthcare and education.
Gutierrez said the goals of the organization are to re-elect Davis and to get out the votes for House districts, in addition to supporting candidates who win the primary by making donations. The group’s bylaws prohibit endorsements in the primaries.
“We need all the help we can get to meet our fundraising goals in order to meet our goals for the year,” he said. “And it’s very important that Senator Davis gets re-elected. We cannot afford to lose her.”
About 100 people are expected to attend the event from 7-10 p.m. at the Botanical Research Institute of Texas, at 1700 University Drive in Fort Worth. Sponsorships ranging from $50-$2,500 are still available and will be announced at the event.
Those interested in attending should contact Gutierrez at 817-713-7426 or email@example.com.
Sponsorship levels are below.
• Gold ($2500) You will receive six event tickets, and your name will appear in the invitation and event signage.
• Silver ($1000) You will receive four event tickets, and your name will appear in the invitation and event signage.
• Bronze ($500) You will receive three event tickets, and your name will appear in the invitation and event signage.
• Individual ($50) You will receive one event ticket.
Ways to donate:
1. Make checks payable to Tarrant County Stonewall Democrats and mail to 3905 Summercrest Drive, Fort Worth, TX 76109.
2. Donate online here and click on Act Blue.