Classic Chassis Car Club of Dallas members recently returned with several awards from Golden Girls 2014, the annual car show organized by Classic Chassis Car Clubs of Texas hosted this year by CCCC Houston in Galveston. Classic Chassis Car Clubs of Texas is a division of Lambda Car Club International.
The show was held on Galveston’s Pier 21, with the backdrop of water and ship, and those attending said even the sudden cloudburst couldn’t spoil the day. The show was followed by an evening of entertainment, food, prizes and awards hosted at the Lone Star Flight Museum.
Golden Girl winners from Dallas this year are:
• Russ Johnson, “Best Truck” for his 2013 Ford F150 Lariat.
• Michael Smith, first place in the 1990s Open Division with his 1991 Figaro.
• David and Tom, second place in the 1980s Closed Division with their Pontiac Fiero.
• Robert Gamble, first place in the 1970s Open Division with his 1971 Olds Cutlass.
• James Gudat, first place in the 1970s Closed Division with his 1974 AMC Matador.
• Bill Allen, first place in the 1960s Open Division with his 1961 Olds Starfire. Allen also received the award for “Longest Distance Travelled.”
• Steve Slaughter, “Best in Show” and first place in the Pre-1949 Division with his 1938 Packard Six.
Next year’s Golden Girls show will be hosted by the Austin CCCC Chapter and will be on the Grand National Circuit of events for Lambda Car Club International. It will be only the second time in GG history a Texas club has hosted a Grand National; Dallas was the first to do so in 2004.