On Saturday, the Mayor’s Race 5K and Fun Run take place from 8:15-10:30 a.m. and affects downtown and Oak Cliff.
The City of Dallas has approved the following road closures:
• PRE EVENT SET UP: The following streets will be closed from 8:15am-10:30am Reunion Blvd E. from Hotel St. to Market St. and both Houston St. and Jefferson St. Viaducts from Young St. to Colorado Blvd. E
• 1-mile Fun Run (Starts at 9 a.m.): East on the Reunion Blvd. E, south on Houston St. and participants will U-Turn on the Houston St. Viaduct, west on Young St. (one lane) to Reunion Blvd. E. and finish east of Sports St.
• 5K (Starts at 9:30 a.m.): East on the Reunion Blvd. E, south on Houston St., left on Marsalis Ave., U-turn on Marsalis Ave. at Addison St., over the Jefferson Blvd. Viaduct through to Market St., west on Young St. (one lane) to Reunion Blvd. E and finish east of Sports St.
On Sunday, the Dallas Marathon should tie up traffic around Oak Lawn, East Dallas and downtown all day.
The City of Dallas has approved the following road closures for the marathon and half marathon race.
Saturday, Dec. 10 at 4:30 a.m.–Sunday, Dec. 11 at 6 p.m.
• Griffin St. from Ceremonial to Wood St., Young from Griffin to Lamar, Lamar (curb lanes) from Jackson to Ceremonial, Young (curb lanes) from Lamar to Omni entrance, Wood from Lamar to Market; Jackson (south curb lane) from Lamar to Market, Austin from Wood to Jackson; Marilla from Akard to Young
Sunday, Dec. 11 at 4 a.m.-6 p.m.
• Lamar from Wood to Memorial and Young from Lamar to the entrance of the Omni
Sunday, Dec. 11 from 7 a.m.-3 p.m. (Limited cross traffic allowed prior to start)
• Young St. from Market St. to Lamar St.; Young St. from Field St. to Cesar Chaves Blvd.; Field St. from Wood St. to Young St.; Marilla St. from Young to Akard St.; Akard St. from Wood St. to Canton St.; Ervay St. Wood St. to Marilla St.; St. Paul St. from Wood St. to Marilla St.; Park Ave. from Marilla St. to dead end; Evergreen St. from Young St. to Marilla St.; Harwood St. from Wood St. to Cadiz St.; Pearl St. from Wood St. to Cadiz St.
That’s downtown. See map for marathon route. Roads will be blocked or crossings delayed all along the route throughout the day.