The voting is on for CultureMap’s Most Glamorous Event in Dallas for 2012, and Black Tie Dinner is among the six finalists.
BTD is the biggest gay event on the list, so it’s naturally the most fabulous. Votes to make it the most glamorous can be cast daily here. Two x Two by AIDS and Art is also among the finalists.
It’s currently a close race for first between BTD and Dallas Opera First Night.
Voting ends Sunday, Dec. 23.
Here are the six finalists:
• Cattle Baron’s Ball. Despite the pouring rain, supporters turned out in droves to see country crooner Blake Shelton, whose acoustic performance was the talk of the night. The event raised more than $1 million for the American Cancer Society.
• MTV RE:DEFINE. Beautiful attendees bid high — to the tune of more than $1 million — at the Goss-Michael Foundation exhibition in support of the MTV Staying Alive Foundation.
• Black Tie Dinner. Actor Leslie Jordan entertained a crowd of three thousand, who helped raise more than $1 million for 19 LGBT organizations.
• Two x Two by AIDS and Art. Cindy and Howard Rachofsky never fail to impress. This year, Alan Cumming gave a spectacular surprise performance at the affair that raised more than $4.5 million for amFAR and the DMA.
• Crystal Charity Ball. The 60th annual French-themed affair was as opulent as ever. Supporters helped raise $4.5 million for eight local charities.
• Dallas Opera First Night. The already elegant Winspear Opera House was transformed into a glamorous red carpet event for the “Pursuits of Passion” celebration that kicked off the Dallas Opera season.
Powered by Facebook Comments