John Eric Smith died Wednesday, Feb. 14 in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico.

Smith was born Oct. 27, 1961, to Rodolph and the late Pauline Smith of Ardmore, Okla. He attended Oklahoma State University and, in 1980, moved to Dallas where he lived until his death.

Smith had a passion for life and lived it to the fullest. His travels took him to Mexico, Europe, Asia and China. He could turn a pile of dirt into a magnificent garden and a couple of eggs into a five-star souffl?. He excelled at his work as a sales associate for Boardwalk Porsche and the family wishes to thank all those associates with Boardwalk that provided help and assistance in this time of loss.

Smith is survived by his father; his sisters, Debbie and Deanna, and their spouses; his brother, Randy, and his spouse; and numerous nieces and nephews. He is also survived by many close friends in the Dallas area, including Thomas Maciula and Dr. Charles “Fish” Greenfield, who were treasured friends that continually lifted Smith’s spirits and will miss him deeply; and his former partner of nearly 10 years, John E. “Kip” Whiteside, who will miss him beyond words.

A service of remembrance celebrating Smith’s life was held on Monday, Feb. 19, in his hometown of Ardmore. Knowing Smith’s love of a great party, friends and family will gather at Ciudad, D.F. on Sunday, March 4, from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. to laugh, love and reminisce about this wonderful guy and his love of life.

To honor Smith, a contribution to The AIDS Resource Center of Dallas or The American Heart Association would be appreciated.

Dennis Franklin Strickland, 40, of Dallas died Wednes-day, Feb. 14 in Dallas.

He was born in Lafayette, La., to Frank Strickland and Wanda (Jones) Watkins, and moved to Stillwater, Okla., at age 3. He graduated third in his class from Perkins-Tryon High School in 1984, after spending his high school years being active in band and the yearbook staff. He was president of the marching, concert and jazz bands, and was band reporter, and was yearbook photographer and co-editor. He was also a member of the student council, the student senate, the science club and the gifted and talented program.

Strickland graduated magna cum laude from Oklahoma State University with degrees in hotel, restaurant and business administration. He worked as a postal employee for eight years while in college, and he worked as an executive sales agent and supervisor’s assistant for the Hertz Worldwide Reservation Center in Oklahoma City.

Strickland moved to Dallas in 1994 and worked for six years as a revenue accounting agent for Greyhound Bus Lines in the charter revenue areas. He later transferred to Drive Time Car Sales where he worked in the accounts payable and accounts receivable departments.

He touched many people’s hearts and was known for his smile and his “everything will be okay” attitude. He had dignity, love and a kind-hearted manner that many people will truly miss.

Strickland is survived by his parents, Frank Strickland, Mary Roebuck, Wanda Watkins and her husband, Walter; four sisters, Anita Roberts and her husband, Steve, Brenda Robertson, Donna Charpis and her husband, Ron, and Regina Strickland.

Services were held Saturday, Feb. 17, at Lost Creek United Methodist Church near Stillwater, with Pastor Max Rudd officiating. Burial followed in Perkins Cemetery. Arrangements were under the direction of Strode Funeral Home.

This article appeared in the Dallas Voice print edition February 23, 2007 сайтпроверить позицию сайта в поисковике