Have an event coming up? Email your information to Managing Editor Tammye Nash at [email protected] or Senior Staff Writer David Taffet at [email protected] by Wednesday at 5 p.m. for that week’s issue.
• Through Feb. 8: Register for Senior Games
Register for Dallas 2019 Senior Games that take place Feb. 28-March 10. Fun walk and fun run, basketball, bowling, corn hole, golf, pickleball, swimming, table tennis, tennis, track & field and on March 16 cycling. Contact 214-671-1602 or [email protected] Info at DallasParks.org.
• Jan. 18: Little Black Dress
Little Black Dress FashionCITED preview party benefits Legal Hospice of Texas from 6:30-8:30 p.m. at
Goodson Acura, 4801 Lemmon Ave.
• Jan. 18: DFW Federal Club happy hour
DFW Federal Club Happy Hour from 6-8 p.m. at Hilton Park Cities, 5954 Luther Lane.
• Jan. 19: Halftime Gaybingo
Gaybingo from 5-9 p.m. at the Rose Room, 3911 Cedar Springs Road. Tickets at rcdallas.org.
• Jan. 19: Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Celebration Gala
Reconciliation: Moving the Dream Forward with keynote speaker Michael Eric Dyson and Crystal Aikin from 6:30-9 p.m. in the Landmark Ballroom at Hyatt Regency Dallas, 300 Reunion Blvd. Tickets at 214-671-1505.
• Jan. 19: Scarborough Faire auditions
Come be a part of a theater experience like no other. Auditions for volunteer lane performers (actors and musicians) for Scarborough Renaissance Festival’s performing company — Scarborough Academy of Performing Arts (SAPA) — will be held 9 a.m.–noon and 1:30–4:30 p.m. Auditions are by appointment at [email protected]
• Jan. 20: Dallas Women’s March
Meet at St. Paul UMC, 1816 Routh St. at 2 p.m. and march to Dallas City Hall.
• Jan. 21: Snooze
Enjoy free breakfast at a pre-opening benefit to help kick of Legacy Counseling Center’s 30th year at Snooze, 3211 Oak Lawn Ave. RSVP to snoozeeatery.com/OakLawn-Opening and enter SNOOZEOAKLAWN2019.
• Jan. 22: Grief support group
LGBT grief support group for people who have lost a same-sex partner from 7-8:30 p.m. at Resource Center,
5750 Cedar Springs Road.
• Jan. 22: DIVA new member clinic
Dallas Independent Volleyball Association, the largest gay sports organization in Dallas and second lasrgest gay volleyball organization in the U.S., offers free new member clinics. From 7-10 p.m. at Advantage Sports Center, 2800 N. I-35E, Carrollton. Register for clinic at DIVADallas.org. Each clinic is open to 25 people.
• Jan. 22: Family Night at Durkins Pizza
GALA family night’s 10th year of networking, socializing, happy hour, rock n’ roll and pizza and 10 percent of proceeds benefits GALA Youth from 5:30-8:30 p.m. at Durkins Pizza,
8930 State Hwy 121, McKinney.
• Jan. 22: BEN After Hours
Monthly networking program is open to Chamber members and escorted guests from 5:30-7 p.m. at Two Corks and a Bottle, 2650 Laclede St. Suite 150.
• Jan. 23: Stonewall Democrats Tarrant County
Former Fort Worth City Councilman Joel Burns is the guest at a membership drive for Stonewall Democrats Tarrant County at 6 p.m. at Urban Cowboy,
2620 E. Lancaster Ave., Fort Worth.
• Jan. 23, 24: DIVA new member clinic
Dallas Independent Volleyball Association offers free new member clinics. From 6:30-9 p.m. at Polk Recreation Center, 6801 Roper St. Register for clinic at DIVADallas.org. Each clinic is open to 25 people.
• Jan. 24: GLBT Chamber BEN
GLBT Chamber of Commerce and GALA North Texas Business Exchange Network from 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m. at Henry’s, 5741 Legacy Drive, Suite 100, Plano.
• Jan. 24: Prime Timers
Dallas Fort Worth Prime Timers goes out to dinner at 7 p.m. at The Mockingbird Diner, 3130 W. Mockingbird Lane.
• Jan. 26: Oral History Team Training
The Dallas Ways holds training to conduct and transcribe oral history interviews from noon-5 p.m. RSVP or contact with questions [email protected] Space is limited.
• Jan. 26: Resource Center Legal Clinic
Resource Center and University of North Texas present a legal clinic on changing gender markers and names from 2-5 p.m. at Resource Center,
5750 Cedar Springs Road. RSVP to attend. MyResourceCenter.org.
• Jan. 26: Prime Timers
Bring a friend to lunch and spades tournament at 11:30 a.m. at Two Guys from Italy, 11637 Webb Chapel Road.
• Jan. 27: HRC Pin Down Equality Bowling Fundraiser
Federal Club presents Pin Down Equality Bowling Tournament and Fundraiser with bowling, pizza and soft drinks, a silent auction and more from 1-3 p.m. at AMF Richardson Lanes, 2101 N. Central Expressway, Richardson.
• Jan. 27: Prime Timers
Visit then games at a private home in Rockwall from 2:30-5 p.m. RSVP by text or call 214-218-0912.
• Jan. 27: Bishop Yvette Flunder at CoH
Bishop Yvette Flunder will preach at morning services at 9 a.m. and 11 a.m. at Cathedral of Hope, 5910 Cedar Springs Road.
• Jan. 27: SPCA Paws Cause
Enjoy food from local restaurants, drinks and entertainment to benefit the Southern Dallas Spay/Neuter Clinic and hang out with dogs and cats from 6-9 p.m. at Jan Rees Jones Animal Care Center, 2400 Lone Star Drive.
Tickets at PawsCauseDallas.com.
• Weekly: Lambda Weekly at 1 p.m. on Sunday on 89.3 KNON-FM with David Taffet, Lerone Landis and the late Patti Fink. This week’s guest is gender consultant Monica Prata; Core Group Meeting every 1st and 3rd Tuesday of the month at 7 p.m.; Fuse game night every Monday evening except the last of the month at 8 p.m. at the Fuse space in the 3918 Harry Hines Blvd.; FuseConnect every Wednesday from 7 p.m. For more information call or e-mail Jalenzski at 214-760-9718 ext. 3 or [email protected]; LGBT square dancing group Pegasus Squares meets every Sunday from 2:30–4:30 p.m. at Grace United Methodist Church, 4105 Junius St. For more info, email [email protected]; Dallas Frontrunners meet for a walk or run on the Katy Trail at Oak Lawn Park, Turtle Creek and Hall Street, every Wednesday at 7:15 p.m. and every Saturday at 9 a.m.; Leadership Lambda Toastmasters practices and develops speaking and leadership skills from 6:30–8 p.m. on Tuesdays at First Unitarian Church, third floor of the Hallman Building, 4012 St. Andrews; Gray Pride support group from 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m. followed by mixer every Monday at Resource Center, 5750 Cedar Springs Road; Lambda AA meets at 7 a.m., noon, 6 p.m. 8 p.m. and 11 p.m. and has a men’s meeting at 10 a.m. on Saturdays and meets at 10:30 a.m. and 1 p.m. on Sunday at 1575 W. Mockingbird Lane #625. Call 214-267-0222 for details; LGBT Sex Addicts Anonymous meets at 6 p.m. every Friday at 1919 Independence St., Room 19, Plano. 972-316-9188 for details; Leadership Lambda Toastmasters gay-identified Toastmasters group meets from 6:30-8 p.m. every Monday at the First Unitarian Church, 4015 Normandy Road (does not meet on Mondays that are holidays); United Black Ellument hosts discussion on HIV/AIDS in the black community (UBE Connected) at 7 p.m. every fourth Tuesday of the month at 3918 Harry Hines Blvd.; DVtv in Spayse, news and entertainment discussion live streaming every Friday, 4–5 p.m., on the Spayse Station YouTube channel.
DIVA, The Dallas Invitational Volleyball Association, holds new member clinics on three nights next week.
See listings for details.