Have an event coming up? Email your information to Managing Editor Tammye Nash at email@example.com or Senior Staff Writer David Taffet at firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday at 5 p.m. for that week’s issue.
• Weekly: Lambda Weekly at 1 p.m. on 89.3 KNON-FM with David Taffet, Lerone Landis and the late Patti Fink; This weeks guests are Leslie McMurray and Katie Sprinkle. United Black Ellument hosts discussion on HIV/AIDS in the black community (UBE Connected) at 7 p.m. every fourth Tuesday of the month at 3918 Harry Hines Blvd.; Core Group Meeting every 1st and 3rd Tuesday of the month at 7 p.m.; Fuse game night every Monday evening except the last of the month at 8 p.m. at the Fuse space in the 3918 Harry Hines Blvd.; FuseConnect every Wednesday from 7 p.m. For more information call or e-mail Jalenzski at 214-760-9718 ext. 3 or Jalenzski@myresourcecenter.org. LGBT square dancing group Pegasus Squares meets every Sunday from 2:30–4:30 p.m. at Grace United Methodist Church, 4105 Junius St. For more info, email email@example.com; Dallas Frontrunners meet for a walk or run on the Katy Trail at Oak Lawn Park, Turtle Creek and Hall Street, every Wednesday at 7:15 p.m. and every Saturday at 9 a.m.; Leadership Lambda Toastmasters practices and develops speaking and leadership skills from 6:30–8 p.m. on Tuesdays at First Unitarian Church, third floor of the Hallman Building, 4012 St. Andrews; Gray Pride support group from 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m. followed by mixer every Monday at Resource Center, 5750 Cedar Springs Road; Lambda AA meets at 7 a.m., noon, 6 p.m. 8 p.m. and 11 p.m. and has a men’s meeting at 10 a.m. on Saturdays and meets at 10:30 a.m. and 1 p.m. on Sunday at 1575 W. Mockingbird Lane #625. Call 214-267-0222 for details; DVtv in Spayse, news and entertainment discussion live streaming every Friday, 4–5 p.m., on the Spayse Station YouTube channel.
• Jan. 27: Krewe de Kidds
A Mardi Gras Masquerade presented by Kidd’s Kids from 7-10 p.m. at House of Blues, 2200 N. Lamar St.
• Jan. 27: TAG Game Night
Tyler Area Gays host Game Night, at 6 p.m. a t the Chamber of Commerce’s Genecov Room, 315 N. Broadway St., in Tyler. For information visit TylerAreaGays.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Jan. 31: The Kennedy Experience
Caven Employees Benevolence Association presents The Kennedy Experience, starring Dallas’ own Kennedy Davenport and, from Shreveport, Chi Chi Devayne, both of RuPaul’s Drag Race Allstars 3, in the Rose Room at S4, 3911 Cedar Springs Road. The evening begins a 9 p.m. with VIP meet-and-greet, following by the show at 10 p.m. VIP tickets are $20; general admission is $10. For more information and advance ticket sales, visit CEBADallas.org.
• Feb. 4: Pizza & Politics
LGBT issues are on the agenda at the YPC of Dallas 32nd congressional district candidates forum at 12:30 p.m.
at Northaven UMC, 11211 Preston Road.
• Feb. 6: Mid-Cities Democrats
Gubernatorial forum and chili dinner at 6:30 p.m. at Local UAW 218, 98 W. Hurst Blvd., Hurst. $25. email@example.com.
• Feb. 6: DFW LGBT Grief Support Group
For people who have lost a same-sex spouse at 6:45 p.m. at Oak Lawn Branch Library, 4100 Cedar Springs Road.
• Feb. 6: Outlast Youth:
2018 Vision & EquipDiscussion of where Outlast Youth is headed, what resources are available to address LGBT youth homelessness and how to get involved from 6:30–7:30 p.m. at Promise House, 224. W. Page Ave.
• Feb. 8: PFLAG Dallas
PFLAG meets the second Thursday of every month from 7-9 p.m. at Northaven United Methodist Church, 11211 Preston Road. 972-849-0383. PFLAGDallas@outlook.com.
• Feb. 9: DFW Pride Happy Hour
DFW Pride Happy Hour, an LGBT-plus community sponsored by Texas Instruments, meets for a special event hosted by Strategic Alliance, the SMU Cox School of Business LGBTQ and allies organization, from 5-8 p.m. at the Meadows Museum, 5900 Bishop Blvd. For information call 214-768-2516. Includes complimentary hors d’oeuvres and a cash bar, and free parking on the two lower levels of the museum’s parking garage.
• Feb. 10: Aroused
Impulse Group Dallas presented “Aroused — The Art of Safer Sex,” a party celebrating Impulse Group Dallas’ anniversary and International Condom Day, from 9 p.m.-midnight at Deep Ellum Art Co., 3200 Commerce St., Dallas. Tickets are $15 in advance, available at Aroused.eventbrite.com, and $20 at the door. Rapid HIV testing will be available, and there will be complimentary cocktails.
• Feb. 10: Love EqualityBenefit for Equality Texas at 8 p.m. at
7 for Parties, 150 Turtle Creek Blvd Suite 107. Tickets are $50 in advance, available at tinyurl.com/yauumagh. Tickets at the door are $75, Sponsorships start a $500 and are available at tinyurl.com/ya57oesf.
• Feb. 10: 2018 Dallas Mardi Gras
The Krewe de Etoile presents the 2018 Mardi Gras Dallas Gala Masquerade Ball at Fashion Industry Gallery, 1807 Ross Ave., from 7 p.m.-midnight. Tickets start at $80, and this year’s spotlighted charity is CitySquare. For information visit KreweDeEtoile.com
Kidd’s Kids presents Krewe de Kidds Mardi Gras masquerade Saturday, Jan. 27.
See listings for details.