Have an event coming up? Email your information to Managing Editor Tammye Nash at [email protected] or Senior Staff Writer David Taffet at [email protected] by Wednesday at 5 p.m. for that week’s issue.
• Feb. 9: Love Equality
The Equality Texas Dallas Steering committee presents Love Equality, a night of dancing with drinks and light food, benefitting Equality Texas, will be held from 8-11 p.m. at 7 for Parties, 150 Turtle Creek Blvd. Ste. 107. Advance tickets are $50 until Dec. 31, and $75 from Jan. 1-Feb. 1, online at Secure.EveryAction.com/HZCrJuU7wUaaHFlftkj1Sg2. Tickets at the door $100.
• Feb. 9: Prime Timers
Brunch at 11 a.m. at Le Peep, 4835 N. O’Connor Road, Irving.
• Feb. 9: Red Tie Reception
Coalition for Aging LGBT presents Red Tie Reception: A Lover’s Celebration with dance, drag show and raffle prizes from 4-7 p.m. at Hurst Convention Center, 1601 Campus Drive, Hurst. Free tickets at CFA.lgbt.
• Feb. 9: LGBT Speed Dating
Real Live Connection presents LGBT speed dating fundraiser happy hour from 5-8 p.m. at Alexandre’s,
4026 Cedar Springs Road.
• Feb. 9: PALentine’s Day
Gift giveaways and meet dozens of pets from noon-4 p.m. at SPCA Jan Rees-Jones Animal Care Center, 2400 Lone Star Drive.
• Feb. 10: Underwear Auction
Team Metro underwear auction to raise money for the Greg Dollgener Memorial AIDS Fund from 5-9 p.m. at Dallas Eagle, 5740 Maple Ave.
• Feb. 10: Prime Timers
Visit then games at a private home from 2:30-5 p.m. RSVP by text or call 214-218-0912.
• Feb. 11: Stonewall Democrats Tarrant County
Monthly meeting and membership drive at 7 p.m. at Tommy’s Hamburgers, 2455 Forest Park Blvd., Fort Worth.
• Feb. 12: Grief support group
LGBT grief support group for people who have lost a same-sex partner from 7-8:30 p.m. at Resource Center, 5750 Cedar Springs Road.
• Feb. 12: Tyler PFLAG
Parents, family and friends of LGBT people meet at 6:30 p.m. in the Genecov Room, Tyler Chamber of Commerce, 315 N. Broadway, Tyler.
• Feb. 12: Prime Timers
Dinner at 7 p.m. at Saltgrass Steakhouse, 13561 N. Central Expressway.
• Feb. 13: Pride Night–Falsettos
Pride Night at the national tour of Falsettos in collaboration with the Turtle Creek Chorale at 7:30 p.m. at Winspear Opera House, 2403 Flora St. Discounted tickets $30-60 at ATTPAC.org.
• Feb. 14: Prime Timers
Happy hour at 5 p.m. at JR.’s Bar & Grill, 3923 Cedar Springs Road.
• Feb. 14: Miss CEBA
Jenna Skyy hosts the Miss CEBA Sweetheart Pageant at 10:30 p.m. in the Rose Room, 3911 Cedar Springs Road. Applications and questions at CEBADallas.org.
• Feb. 14: Business Connections Mixer
GLBT Chamber of Commerce mixer. Bring a date or a friend from 5:30-7 p.m. at WXYZ Lounge, Aloft Dallas Downtown, 1033 Young St. GLBTChamber.com.
• Feb. 15: Prime Timers
Happy hour at 5:30 p.m. at Woody’s, 4011 Cedar Springs Road.
• Feb. 16: SAGE Table
SAGE, the national senior LGBT organization, holds a breakfast potluck in Carrollton from 8:30-10:30 a.m. at Cosmopolitan UCC, 1200 Metrocrest Drive, Carollton.
• Feb. 16: And the winner Is … Gaybingo
Gaybingo from 5-9 p.m. at the Rose Room, 3911 Cedar Springs Road. Tickets at rcdallas.org.
• Feb. 16: DanceTCU concert benefiting AOC
DanceTCU welcomes performers from Avant Chamber Ballet, Booker T Washington, Jennfier Mabus Dance and Houston METdance Company to benefit AIDS Outreach Center at 7:30 p.m. at Erma Lowe Hall Studio Theatre on the TCU Campus. $20 at the door.
• Feb. 16: Journey into Parenthood
Join North Dallas Doula Associates for a class to assist LGBT singles and couples in navigating medical and legal steps to becoming parents from 1-3 p.m. at North Dallas Doula Associates, 107 Murray St. $20 single, $30 couple. Tinyurl.com/JourneyIntoParenthoodFeb.
• Feb. 17: Teddy Bear Auction
Dallas Bears hosts auction in memory of Spanke Studer that benefits AIDS Services of Dallas. Preview and cocktails at 6 p.m. Auction at 7 p.m. at Round-Up Saloon, 3912 Cedar Springs Road.
• Feb. 20: Prime Timers
Lunch at 12:30 p.m. at El Fenix, 5622 Lemmon Ave.
• Feb. 20: Texas LGBT Chamber lobby day
The LGBT chambers of commerce of Texas lobby at the state capitol.
• Weekly: Lambda Weekly at 1 p.m. on Sunday on 89.3 KNON-FM with David Taffet, Lerone Landis and the late Patti Fink. This week’s guest is counselor Candy Marcum; Core Group Meeting every 1st and 3rd Tuesday of the month at 7 p.m.; Fuse game night every Monday evening except the last of the month at 8 p.m. at the Fuse space in the 3918 Harry Hines Blvd.; FuseConnect every Wednesday from 7 p.m. For more information call or e-mail Jalenzski at 214-760-9718 ext. 3 or [email protected]; LGBT square dancing group Pegasus Squares meets the second and fourth Sunday from 2–4 p.m. at Grace United Methodist Church, 4105 Junius St. For more info, email [email protected]; Dallas Frontrunners meet for a walk or run on the Katy Trail at Oak Lawn Park, Turtle Creek and Hall Street, every Wednesday at 7:15 p.m. and every Saturday at 9 a.m.; Gray Pride support group from 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m. followed by mixer every Monday at Resource Center, 5750 Cedar Springs Road; Lambda AA meets at 7 a.m., noon, 6 p.m. 8 p.m. and 11 p.m. and has a men’s meeting at 10 a.m. on Saturdays and meets at 10:30 a.m. and 1 p.m. on Sunday at 1575 W. Mockingbird Lane #625. Call 214-267-0222 for details; LGBT Sex Addicts Anonymous meets at 6 p.m. every Friday at 1919 Independence St., Room 19, Plano. 972-316-9188 for details; Leadership Lambda Toastmasters gay-identified Toastmasters group meets from 6:30-8 p.m. every Monday at the First Unitarian Church, 4015 Normandy Road (does not meet on Mondays that are holidays); United Black Ellument hosts discussion on HIV/AIDS in the black community (UBE Connected) at 7 p.m. every fourth Tuesday of the month at 3918 Harry Hines Blvd.; DVtv in Spayse, news and entertainment discussion live streaming every Friday, 4–5 p.m., on the Spayse Station YouTube channel.
Love Equality, the dance party benefitting Equality Texas, takes place Saturday,
Feb. 9, at Seven for Parties on Turtle Creek Boulevard. See listings for details.