Have an event coming up? Email your information to Managing Editor Tammye Nash at [email protected] or Senior Staff Writer David Taffet at [email protected] by Wednesday at 5 p.m. for that week’s issue.
• March 9: DFW Pride Happy Hour
DFW Pride Happy Hour, an LGBT+ community sponsored by Texas Instruments, meets from 5:30-7:30 p.m. at The Cedars Social, 1326 South Lamar St. For information visit DFW Pride Happy Hour on Facebook.
• March 9-18: Coronation XXXIX
Imperial Court de Fort Worth/Arlington presents Coronation XXXIX: 80’s and 90s’ Living in the Wild Wild West, starting
with the Out of Town Show at the Radisson Hotel Fort Worth Fossil Creek, 2540 Meacham Blvd. in Fort Worth, at 6:30 p.m. Friday, followed on Saturday by Coronation at 5 p.m. Saturday at the hotel, Victory Brunch Sunday at 10:30 a.m. at the hotel, and the Victory Celebration/Travel Fund Show & Auction Sunday at 3 p.m. at Club Reflection, 604 S. Jennings in Fort Worth. For information visit ICFWA.org.
• March 10: University of Drag
Resource Center presents University of Drag, a program for anyone interested in learning more about the art of drag, at the center, 5750 Cedar Springs Road, with the youth division from 12-18 years old from 4-6 p.m. and the young adult division for ages 18-30 from 7-9 p.m. For information call Cami Fields at 214-540-4472 or email [email protected]
• March 10: Del Shores comes to Fort Worth
Q Cinema presents Del Shores in his one-man show, Six Characters in Search of a Play, at 8 p.m. at Sander’s Theater in the Fort Worth Community Arts Center, 1300 Gendy St. in Fort Worth. Tickets are $30, $50 and $75, available online at QCinema.org. For information email [email protected]
• March 10: Gay Kickball Pick-up Game
Dallas Gay Kickball holds a pick-up game at 11 a.m. at Fair Oaks Park, 7595 Fair Oaks Ave. in Dallas. The event is free. For information about the game or America’s Finest Kickball League, email [email protected]
• March 11: Sweat for Charity
The Ridehouse Indoor Cycling & Fitness, 5600 W. Lovers Lane, hosts the Sweat for Charity ride to benefit DIFFA Dallas, beginning at 11:45 a.m. Reserve your bike online for $35 per seat at TheRideHouse.com. And between 9 a.m. and 1 p.m., on the day of the event, enter the raffle to win either a 2018 Lexus NX300 or a 2018 Lexus IS300. Tickets are $100 each.
• March 11: Mr. and Miss North Texas Pride Pageant
At 7 p.m. in the Rose Room, 3911 Cedar Springs Road.
• March 13: Resource Center tour
Resource Center CEO Cece Cox leads a behind-the-scenes tour of the center’s community center at 5750 Cedar Springs Road. RSVP to [email protected]
• March 15: March Mixer and Game Night
Gray Pride game night for seniors from 6-8 p.m. at Resource Center, 5750 Cedar Springs Road. [email protected]
• March 15: AIDS Walk South Dallas kickoff
Register to walk, build a team or become a vendor. Complimentary appetizers from 6-8p.m. at Street’s Fine Chicken, 3857 Cedar Springs Road. $20 suggested donation.
• March 15: TAG Dinner Group
Tyler Area Gays Dinner Group meets at 7 p.m. at La Madeleine French Baker & Café, 419 W. SW Loop 232 in Tyler. RSVP and get more information at TylerAreaGays.com.
• March 15: Tyler Transgender Support Group
The Tyler Transgender Support Group meets at 7 p.m. at the offices of the Tyler Area Chamber of Commerce, 315 N. Broadway Ave., Ste. 100. For information visit TylerAreaGays.com.
• March 16: Federal Club Mixer
HRC DFW Federal Club mixer from 6-8 p.m. at Sallio Itallio, 3232 McKinney Ave. #150.
• March 16: Transpose Screening
Arttitude presents a screening of the documentary Transpose at 7 p.m. at Center for Spiritual Living, 4801 Spring Valley Road Suite 115. Free but donation requested. TransposeProject.org.
• March 17: Leprechaun Gaybingo
Monthly fundraiser for Resource Center takes place from 6-9 p.m. at the Rose Room at S4, 3911 Cedar Springs Road. 214-540-4458. MyResourceCenter.org/gaybingo.
• March 17: Oak Lawn Band
The Oak Lawn Band presents Feeling Lucky, a celebration of fate and fortune in this St. Patrick’s Day concert at 4 p.m. at the Latino Cultural Center, 2600 Live Oak St. Free.
• March 18: East Texas P-FLAG
Begins at 6 p.m. at the Tyler AreaChamber of Commerce, 315 N. Broadway Ave., Tyler.
• March 18L Great Gatsby Drag Bingo
North Texas Drag Bingo presents Great Gatsby Drag Bingo Show from 2-4 p.m. at El Noa Noa TexMex, 1915 N. Central Expressway, #100, in Plano. Tickets are $25, available online at eventbrite.com/e/plano-drag-queen-bingo-show-tickets.
• March 20: Grief support group
LGBT grief support group for people who have lost a same-sex partner from 6:45-8 p.m. at Oak Lawn Library, 4100 Cedar Springs Road.
• March 22: Our Stories, Our History: This Is Us
The Dallas Way and Rainbow LULAC present a roundtable discussion moderated by former Dallas City Councilman
Chris Luna with panelists Jesus Chairez, Jose Plata and James Michael Dominguez from 7-9 p.m. at Arts Mission Oak Cliff,
410 S. Windomere Ave.
• March 22: Legacy’s Angels: Season Kickoff
Season reveal of 2018 events supporting Legacy Counseling Center from 7-9 p.m. at Craighead Green Gallery, 1011 Dragon St.
• March 23-25: Turtle Creek Chorale
The Turtle Creek Chorale presents Anthems, the songs that shaped the movements, at 7:30 p.m. on Friday-Saturday and 2:30 p.m. on Sunday at City Performance Hall, 2520 Flora St. TurtleCreekChorale.com.
• Weekly: Lambda Weekly at 1 p.m. on 89.3 KNON-FM with David Taffet, Lerone Landis and the late Patti Fink. This week’s guest is Texas House candidate Valerie Hefner; United Black Ellument hosts discussion on HIV/AIDS in the black community (UBE Connected) at 7 p.m. every fourth Tuesday of the month at 3918 Harry Hines Blvd.; Core Group Meeting every 1st and 3rd Tuesday of the month at 7 p.m.; Fuse game night every Monday evening except the last of the month at 8 p.m. at the Fuse space in the 3918 Harry Hines Blvd.; FuseConnect every Wednesday from 7 p.m. For more information call or e-mail Jalenzski at 214-760-9718 ext. 3 or [email protected] LGBT square dancing group Pegasus Squares meets every Sunday from 2:30–4:30 p.m. at Grace United Methodist Church, 4105 Junius St. For more info, email [email protected]; Dallas Frontrunners meet for a walk or run on the Katy Trail at Oak Lawn Park, Turtle Creek and Hall Street, every Wednesday at 7:15 p.m. and every Saturday at 9 a.m.; Leadership Lambda Toastmasters practices and develops speaking and leadership skills from 6:30–8 p.m. on Tuesdays at First Unitarian Church, third floor of the Hallman Building, 4012 St. Andrews; Gray Pride support group from 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m. followed by mixer every Monday at Resource Center, 5750 Cedar Springs Road; Lambda AA meets at 7 a.m., noon, 6 p.m. 8 p.m. and 11 p.m. and has a men’s meeting at 10 a.m. on Saturdays and meets at 10:30 a.m. and 1 p.m. on Sunday at 1575 W. Mockingbird Lane #625. Call 214-267-0222 for details; DVtv in Spayse, news and entertainment discussion live streaming every Friday, 4–5 p.m., on the Spayse Station YouTube channel.