Have an event coming up? Email your information to Managing Editor Tammye Nash at [email protected] or Senior Staff Writer David Taffet at [email protected] by Wednesday at 5 p.m. for that week’s issue.
• May 9-13: Purple Party
Seven parties all about high energy music and higher-energy dancing. The marathon party raises money for AIDS Services Dallas and other HIV and LGBT organizations in Dallas. Individual tickets are $5-100 at PurpleFoundation.org.
• May 10: Prime Timers
Happy hour at 5:30 p.m. at J.R.’s Bar & Grill, 3923 Cedar Springs Road.
• May 10: DFW Pride Happy Hour
Drink specials for DFW Pride Happy Hour from 5-7 p.m. at Lekka, 17606 Preston Road.
• May 11: Evening of Hope
AIDS Outreach Center presents Evening of Hope 2019 — Hope: Imagine & Believe from 6 p.m.-midnight at Hilton Fort Worth, 815 Main St., Fort Worth. Tickets at AOC.org/eoh.
• May 11: DSGA Rescheduled
DSGA, the LGBT golf organization, plays at 10 a.m., at Twin Creeks, 501 Twin Creeks Dr, Allen. $60.00 Includes golf, cart, range balls and prizes. Information at DSGADallas.org or email [email protected]
• May 11: A Rock n Roll Country Disco
A raising the roof variety show and retirement celebration for Marsha and Bill Thomas benefiting North Texas Pride with food at 5-6 p.m. and show from 6-9 p.m. at S4,
3911 Cedar Springs Road.
• May 12: TWCD Mothers Day concerts
The Womens Chorus of Dallas presents a shorter young child-friendly concert at 12:30 p.m. and a full Mother’s Day concert at 2 p.m. culminating in a butterfly release at Texas Discovery Gardens, 1601 S 2nd Ave. $10-25.TheWomensChorusofDallas.com.
• May 12: Prime Timers
Games hosted by Brian at 2 p.m. at 2925 Myerwood, Carrollton.
• May 13: Creating Change Host Committee Meeting
The Task Force needs 50-75 volunteers over the next nine months to plan parties, workshops, dances, community housing, recruit attendees, read proposals and more. Four sub-committees will be forming: fundraising, special events, hospitality, recruitment. Dinner at 7 p.m. and meeting from 7:30-9 p.m. at Resource Center, 5750 Cedar Springs Road.
• May 14: Grief support group
LGBT grief support group for people who have lost a same-sex partner from 7-8:30 p.m. at Resource Center, 5750 Cedar Springs Road.
• May 14: Prime Timers
Dinner at 7 p.m. at Celebration, 4503 W. Lovers Lane.
• May 16: GALA Happy Hour
Free appetizers, game tables, for GALA’s third Thursday happy hour from 5-8:30 p.m. at Henry’s, 5741 Legacy Drive, Suite 100, Plano.
• May 16: TAG Youth Support Group
Open to youth of all ages from 5-7 p.m. at Tyler Public Library Taylor Auditorium, 201 S. College Ave., Tyler.
• May 18: Rocket Man Gaybingo
Gaybingo from 5-9 p.m. at the Rose Room, 3911 Cedar Springs Road.
Tickets at rcdallas.org.
• May 18: I Stand Corrected
QCinema presents the film I Stand Corrected at 1 p.m. at Modern Art Museum of Fort Worth, 3800 Darnell St., Fort Worth. Tickets at Qcinema.org.
• May 18: Tyler Pride Picnic
Tyler Area Gays present Pride in Park from 11 a.m.-2 p.m. at Southside Park, 455 Shiloh Road in Tyler. TAG is providing burgers and hot dogs and all the trimmings and attendees are asked to bring side dishes and desserts. The event includes vendors, HIV testing, pet adoptions, a silent auction, games, prizes and more. For information email [email protected]
• May 18: LGBT Senior Prom
Third annual LGBT Senior Prom. The theme is the Silver Days of Disco from 7-10 p.m. at
Erik Jonsson Library, 1515 Young St. Free underground parking accessed off Wood Street. Free to those over 60.
$10 for 21-59.
• May 18: Different Strokes Golf Association
DSGA, the LGBT golf organization, plays at 9:30 a.m., at Sherrill Park, 2001 Lookout Dr., Richardson. $65.00 Includes golf, cart, range balls, prizes. Information at DSGADallas.org or email [email protected]
• May 18: Religion and Spirituality in Dallas
A non-judgmental look at the way religion and spirituality has impacted the history and dynamic of the LGBT community. Lunch provided. Noon-3 p.m. at Cathedral of Hope, 5910 Cedar Springs Road. Free.
• May 18: Miss Ageless Pride Texas 2019
Miss Ageless Pride is sponsored by AARP and benefits Ed-U-Care. This pageant features the talent of glamour queens ages 45+ from 6-10 p.m. at Sue Ellen’s, 3014 Throckmorton St.
• May 20: Stonewall Democrats of Rockwall
Stonewall Democrats of Rockwall meets at 7:30 p.m. at Harry Meyers Community Center, 815 E Washington St., Rockwall. For more information, contact Patti or Heidi at
• May 21: Stonewall Democrats of Dallas
Largest Democratic club in Texas meets at 6:30 p.m. at Mattito’s, 3102 Oak Lawn Ave.
• May 22: Prime Timers
Lunch at 12:30 p.m. at Applebee’s, 4654 S. Cooper St. (at I-20).
• May 23: DPD LGBTQ Town Hall
Dallas Police Chief U. Renee Hall, Asst. Chief Angela Shaw and Det. Laura Martin speak at a town hall meeting from 6:30-8 p.m. at Resource Center, 5750 Cedar Springs Road.
• May 23: The Future of Sexual Healthcare
Dr. John Carlo and Dr. Rasha Ghurani speak at the opning of Prism Health NTX’s new facility from 6-7:30 p.m.
at 2801 Lemmon Ave. Suite 200.
• May 25: Dixie Longate Has No Instructions
QCinema presents Tupperware saleswoman Dixie Longate’s show at Scott Theater, 1300 Gendy St., Fort Worth. Tickets at Qcinema.org
• May 25: Prime Timers
Pool party hosted by Steven Shaw. BYOB, towel, folding chair at 5 p.m. at 9902 Wood Forest Drive.
• May 26: Prime Timers
Games hostd by Jason at 2 p.m. at 503 Shoreview Drive, Rockwall.
• May 28: Grief support group
LGBT grief support group for people who have lost a same-sex partner from 7-8:30 p.m. at Resource Center,
5750 Cedar Springs Road.
• Weekly: Lambda Weekly at 1 p.m. on Sunday on 89.3 KNON-FM with David Taffet, Lerone Landis and the late Patti Fink. This week’s guest is LGBT Police Liaison Amber Roman; Silver Pride Project Coffee and Conversation from 11 a.m.-1 p.m. on Monday at Oak Lawn Library and 10 a.m.-1 p.m. on Wednesday at Grauwyler Library; Unwired Group of Crystal Meth Anonymous meets Sunday at 5:30 p.m., Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 7:30 p.m. and Saturday at 11:30 a.m. at Resource Center, 2701 Reagan St.; Core Group Meeting every 1st and 3rd Tuesday of the month at 7 p.m.; Fuse game night every Monday evening except the last of the month at 8 p.m. at the Fuse space in the 3918 Harry Hines Blvd.; FuseConnect every Wednesday from 7 p.m. For more information call or e-mail Jalenzski at 214-760-9718 ext. 3 or [email protected]; LGBT square dancing group Pegasus Squares meets the second and fourth Sunday from 2–4 p.m. at Grace United Methodist Church, 4105 Junius St. For more info, email [email protected]; Dallas Frontrunners meet for a walk or run on the Katy Trail at Turtle Creek Park, Turtle Creek and Hall Street, every Wednesday at 7:15 p.m. and every Saturday at 9 a.m.; Leadership Lambda Toastmasters practices and develops speaking and leadership skills from 6:30–8 p.m. on Tuesdays at First Unitarian Church, third floor of the Hallman Building, 4012 St. Andrews; Thrive support group from 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m. followed by mixer every Monday at Resource Center, 5750 Cedar Springs Road; Lambda AA meets at 7 a.m., noon, 6 p.m. 8 p.m. and 11 p.m. and has a men’s meeting at 10 a.m. on Saturdays and meets at 10:30 a.m. and 1 p.m. on Sunday at 1575 W. Mockingbird Lane #625. Call 214-267-0222 for details; LGBT Sex Addicts Anonymous meets at 6 p.m. every Friday at 1919 Independence St., Room 19, Plano. 972-316-9188 for details; Leadership Lambda Toastmasters gay-identified Toastmasters group meets from 6:30-8 p.m. every Monday at the First Unitarian Church, 4015 Normandy Road (does not meet on Mondays that are holidays); United Black Ellument hosts discussion on HIV/AIDS in the black community (UBE Connected) at 7 p.m. every fourth Tuesday of the month at 3918 Harry Hines Blvd.; DVtv in Spayse, news and entertainment discussion live streaming every Friday, 4–5 p.m., on the Spayse Station YouTube channel.