• Weekly: Lambda Weekly every Sunday at 1 p.m. on 89.3 KNON-FM; United Black Ellument hosts discussion on HIV/AIDS in the black community (UBE Connected) at 7 p.m. every fourth Tuesday of the month at 3116 Commerce St., Suite C; Core Group Meeting every 1st and 3rd Tuesday of the month at 7 p.m.; Fuse game night every Monday evening except the last of the month at 8 p.m. at the Fuse space in the Treymore Building, 4038 Lemmon Ave, Suite 101; FuseConnect every Wednesday from 7 p.m. For more information call or e-mail Jalenzski at 214-760-9718 ext. 3 or Jalenzski@myresourcecenter.org. LGBT square dancing group Pegasus Squares meets every Sunday from 2:30–4:30 p.m. at Grace United Methodist Church, 4105 Junius St. For more info, email email@example.com; Dallas Frontrunners meet for a walk or run on the Katy Trail at the Robert E. Lee statue in Lee Park every Wednesday at 7:15 p.m. and every Saturday at 9 a.m.; Leadership Lambda Toastmasters practices and develops speaking and leadership skills from 6:30–8 p.m. on Tuesdays at First Unitarian Church, third floor of the Hallman Building, 4012 St. Andrews; Gray Pride support group from 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m. followed by mixer every Monday at Resource Center, 5750 Cedar Springs Road; Lambda AA meets at 7 a.m., noon, 6 p.m. 8 p.m. and 11 p.m. and has a men’s meeting at 10 a.m. on Saturdays and meets at 10:30 a.m. and 1 p.m. on Sunday at 1575 W. Mockingbird Lane #625. Call 214-267-0222 for details; DVtv in Spayse, news and entertainment discussion live streaming every Friday, 4–5 p.m., on the Spayse Station YouTube channel.
• Sept. 8: DFW Pride Happy Hour
DFW Pride Happy Hour, an LGBT+ community sponsored by Texas Instruments, will be from 5:30-7:30 p.m. at Peticolas Brewing Company, 1301 Pace St. Everyone is welcome to attend. For information email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Sept. 8: Stop Energy Transfer
Energy Transfer Parters that’s building the pipeline through the Standing Rock Reservation and is responsible for more oil spills than any other pipeline company in the past decade is based in Dallas. A protest/rally organized by those trying to stop the Dakota Access Pipeline will be held at its corporate headquarters from 3:30-6:30 p.m. at 8111 Westchester Dr.
• Sept. 9: SMU Affinity Group Tailgate
SMU Pride and other SMU alumni affinity groups will hold a tailgate party at Mustang Alley (the corner of Bishop and Binkley) from 4-5:30 p.m., leading up to the SMU vs. UNT football game. For information email Pride@smu.edu.
• Sept. 9: LifeWalk kick-off party
Dogs Matter, 13531 Hughes Place, hosts the second annual LifeWalk kick-off party, Celebrating Success, from 6:30-9 p.m.
The event includes dinner, a silent auction, games and more. For information visit LifeWalk.org.
• Sept. 9: Jay Maggio art opening
Special Places is the exhibit by Dallas artist Jay Maggio. Opening party from 5-8p.m. At Craighead Green Gallery,
1011 Dragon St.
• Sept. 9: Different Strokes Golf Association
Playdate open to all interested golfers, starting at 10:05 a.m. at Ridgeview Ranch, 2701 Ridgeview Dr, Plano. $65. DSGADallas.org or email
info@DSGADallas.org for information.
• Sept. 9: SMU Pride tailgate
SMU Pride and other affinity groups tailgate before the SMU-UNT game from 4-5:30 p.m. at Mustang Alley at the corner of Bishop at Binkley.
• Sept. 10: Disaster relief benefit show
Cassie Nova hosts a special show benefiting the American Red Cross’ Hurricane Harvey disaster relief efforts in The Rose Room at S4, 3911 Cedar Springs Road. Admission is a suggested donation of $5, and all tips and donations will go to the Red Cross to help Houston and Southeast Texas. Doors open at 6 p.m.; show starts at 7 p.m.
• Sept. 10: Rainbow Roundup 5th birthday celebration
Rainbow Roundup kicks off Dallas Pride week family style. A snack bar will be open and a bar for adult beverages. The pool is only open to Rainbow Roundup for our private party. No reservation needed. Come blow out the candles and have some cake with us from 1:30-5 p.m. at KayCee Club, 10110 Shoreview Road. $5 donation per person.
• Sept. 10: Mee Maw’s Gospel Brunch
Jim Walker hosts Mee Maw’s Gospel Brunch, 1-3 p.m., at Cedar Springs Tap House, 4123 Cedar Springs Road, #100. During the event, 10 percent of sales benefit the Mee Maw Walkers LifeWalk Team. For information visit the Mee Maw Walkers team page at LifeWalk.org.
• Sept. 12: Get Centered
Behind the scenes tour of the Resource Center led by CEO Cece Cox from 11 a.m.-noon at 5750 Cedar Springs Road.
• Sept. 13: TMC Lyp Sync in a Bag
Athena O’hara hosts TMC: The Mining Company’s weekly Lip Sync in a Bag contest. Entry deadline is 11 p.m.; contest starts at midnight.
• Sept. 13: Lambda Legal Mix & Mingle
Enjoy complimentary appetizers and a cash bar with members of the Dallas Leadership Committee, staff and other supporters for an update regarding recent developments in some of the litigation currently being pursued by Lambda Legal. 6-7:30 p.m. at Sambuca Uptown,
2120 McKinney Ave.
• Sept. 14: North Texas Giving Day
Donate online to the LGBT or other organization of your choice by going
• Sept. 14: SCORE/Pride Edition
Purple Foundation presents the SCORE/Pride Edition party, beginning at 9 p.m. at Dallas Eagle, 5740 Maple Ave. Admission is a suggested $5 donation; admission is included for those with a Purple Pride Pass. For more information visit PurpleFoundation.org/pride.
• Sept. 14-24: In the Tall Grass
A play about the 2015 murder of Shade Shuler, a Dallas trans woman, at 7:30 p.m. at Bishop Arts Theatre Center, 215 S Tyler St. Tickets at BishopArtsTheatre.org. Advanced Discount Code: ITTG15.
• Sept. 14: Pride Kickoff Party
From 6-8 p.m. at ilume, 4123 Cedar Springs Road.
• Sept. 15: Red Party
Dallas Red Foundation presents the 9th annual Red Party, at 8 p.m. at South Side Music Hall, 1135 S. Lamar St. Tickets $45-$100.Redparty9.eventbrite.com.
• Sept. 15: Prizm/The Dallas Pride Opening Party
The Purple Foundation presents the Prizm/The Dallas Pride opening party at 9 p.m. at Lizard Lounge, 2424 Swiss Ave. For information visit PurpleFoundation.org/pride.
• Sept. 15: Federal Club Mixer
6-8 p.m. at Alamo Drafthouse, 1005 S. Lamar St.
• Sept. 16: Shine!/The Dallas Pride Pool Party
The Purple Foundation presents Shine!/The Dallas Pride Pool Party, from 2-8 p.m. at Sisu Uptown, 2508 Maple. For information visit PurpleFoundation.org/pride.
Cassie Nova (aka James Love), pictured, and the cast of The Rose Room at S4, along with many special guests, present a special show benefitting the American Red Cross’ disaster relief efforts for those impacted by Hurricane Harvey, Sunday at S4. See listings for details.
This article appeared in the Dallas Voice print edition September 8, 2017.