Have an event coming up? Email your information to staff writer James Russell at firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday at 10 a.m.
for that week’s issue.
• Weekly: Lambda Weekly every Sunday at 1 p.m. on 89.3 KNON-FM; United Black Ellument hosts discussion on HIV/AIDS in the black community at 7 p.m. every second Tuesday of the month at 3116 Commerce St., Suite C; Fuse game night every Monday evening but the last of the month at 8 p.m. at the Fuse space in the ilume, 4123 Cedar Springs Road, Apt 2367; Fuse Connect every Wednesday from 7 p.m. at the Fuse Space. For more information call or e-mail Ruben Ramirez at 214-540-4500 or email@example.com.
• Sept. 25-26:
Couple Communication Workshop
Candy Marcum, LPC and Jimmy Owen, LPC conduct a two-weekend workshop for couples. 5-7 p.m. on Sept. 25 and Oct. 2 and 10 a.m.–noon on Sept. 26 and Oct. 3 at 3500 Oak Lawn Ave., Suite 260. $440 per couple includes two workbooks and eight hours of instruction. 214-521-1278. For more information call or e-mail Candy Marcum at 214-521-1278 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Sept. 25: Resource Center 5 Factor Awards
Annual celebration of five Resource Center volunteers from 7-9 p.m. at 7 for Parties,
150 Turtle Creek Blvd., #107, with appetizers, wine and entertainment. $50 per person. For more information, including sponsor opportunities, visit Myresourcecenter.org/5factor.
• Sept. 26: Greater Dallas Walk to End Alzheimer’s
Alzheimer’s Association of Greater Dallas hosts its annual three-mile walk at 9 a.m. at AT&T Plaza at the American Airlines Center, 2500 Victory Ave. Day-of registration begins at 7 a.m. followed by 8:30 a.m. ceremony. To register visit Bit.ly/1U3ZlbZ. For more information contact Erica Goldberg at
214-540-2412 or email@example.com.
• Sept. 26: Dallas-Fort Worth Gay for Good Volunteer Project
DFW Gay For Good’s monthly volunteer project meets from 9 a.m.-12:30 p.m. to prepare the science garden and paint exterior doors at Lee Elementary School, 2911 Delmar Ave. Register at Bit.ly/1OuQ1ue. Lunch follows at Libertine Bar, 2101 Greenville Ave. For more information contact Rob Peters at 781-472-0745 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Sept. 27: Gay Author Alex Sanchez Speaks at Fort Worth Public Library
The critically acclaimed author of eight award-winning young adult books speaks about growing up gay, emigrating from Mexico to Texas and signs books at Fort Worth Public Library, 500 W. 3rd, Fort Worth. Tickets are free. For more information, contact 817-392-6012 or TeenScene@fortworthtexas.gov.
• Sept. 29: Transgender 201: Beyond Jenner
Dallas Stonewall Young Democrats host workshop to discuss transgender issues from 7-9 p.m. at Cathedral of Hope, 5910 Cedar Springs Rd. A $100 Starbucks gift card will be raffled. For more information contact Scott Payne at email@example.com.
• Sept. 30: Tarrant County Gay Pride Week Kick-off
Kick-off for Tarrant County Gay Pride with Fort Worth Mayor Betsy Price at Trinity Park Arts Pavilion, 2401 University Dr., Fort Worth.
• Oct. 1: Trans Pride Initiative Board Meeting
Open to the public. 6:30 p.m. at Brazos Room, Center for Community Cooperation, 2900 Live Oak St. For more information e-mail Nell Gaither at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Oct. 1: Fort Worth PFLAG Meeting
Meets every first Thursday of the month from 7-9 p.m. at First Jefferson Unitarian Universalist Church, 1959 Sandy Lane, Fort Worth. For more information, call 817-428-2329 or visit PflagFortWorth.org.
• Oct. 2: Fort Worth Teen Pride
Youth and young adult event includes free food, entertainment, drag show, prizes and more from 6-10 p.m. at Agape MCC, 4615 E. California Parkway, Fort Worth. Free for teenagers 13-18 with valid ID. $5 suggested donation for accompanying adults. For more information contact info@RLC365.org or LGBTQSaves@gmail.com.
• Oct. 2: Brandon Michael Fugate Memorial Golf Tournament
Golf tournament benefits The BMF Project for Search and Rescue, which provides funds and resources for search and rescue agencies and provides emotional support for families during the process from noon-6 p.m. Tee off at 1:30 p.m. and dinner at 6 p.m. at Riverchase Golf Course, 700 Riverchase Dr., Coppell. $100 before Sept. 28 or $125 after. For more information and to register online visit Thebmfproject.org.
• Oct. 3: DFW Trans Ladies Monthly Meeting
Meets from 7-8:30 p.m. on the first Saturday of every month at Agape MCC, 4615 E. California Parkway, Fort Worth. For more information, email email@example.com or visit DFWTGLadies.org.
• Oct. 3: Tarrant County Pride Parade and Street Festival
Parade begins at noon in downtown Fort Worth followed by a street festival until 6 p.m. at Main Street and 9th Street featuring live entertainment, vendors, and food.
Alex Sanchez to speak at Fort Worth Public Library
Alex Sanchez, the critically acclaimed and openly gay author of eight award-winning young adult books, including Rainbow Boys, speaks about growing up gay, and emigrating from Mexico to Texas at a book signing at Fort Worth Public Library,
500 W. 3rd, Fort Worth.
Tickets are free.
For more information, contact 817-392-6012 or TeenScene@fortworthtexas.gov.
This article appeared in the Dallas Voice print edition September 25, 2015.