• Weekly: Lambda Weekly every Sunday at 1 p.m. on 89.3 KNON-FM with guest Candy Marcum; United Black Ellument hosts discussion on HIV/AIDS in the black community at 7 p.m. every second Tuesday of the month at 3116 Commerce St., Suite C; Fuse game night every Monday evening but the last of the month at 8 p.m. at the Fuse space in the ilume, 4123 Cedar Springs Road, Apt 2367; Fuse Connect every Wednesday from 7 p.m. at the Fuse Space. For more information call or e-mail Ruben Ramirez at 214-540-4500 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Nov. 6-8: Strength Conference for Men Living with HIV
Weekend conference offering support, seminars, workshops and fellowship at Embassy Suites Love Field, 3880 W. Northwest Highway. $50 registration fee. For more information and to register call 469-410-3755 or e-mail Strengthconference@AIDSWalkSouthDallas.com.
• Nov. 7: DFW Trans Ladies Monthly Meeting
Meets from 7-8:30 p.m. on the first Saturday of every month at Agape MCC, 4615 E. California Parkway, Fort Worth. For more information email email@example.com or visit DFWTGLadies.org.
• Nov. 7: The Dallas Flea: An Indoor Curated Marketplace
All day fair includes drinks, entertainment, food and 140-plus vendors showcasing vintage and handmade items takes place from 9 a.m.-5 p.m. at Trinity Groves, 2900 Bataan Street. $5 entry. Kids under 12 enter free.
Free parking. For more information visit TheDallasFlea.com.
• Nov. 8: The Wedding Workshop: An LGBT Community Event
Three-hour workshop features wedding industry experts to create a personal action plan for couples’ wedding day from 1-4 p.m. at Magnolia Hotel Dallas Park Cities, 6070 N. Central Expressway. Moderated by Donnie Brown. Sponsored by Dallas Voice. Free.
To register and for more information visit LGBTWeddingWorkshop.com.
• Nov. 9: DFW Transcendence Trans/SOFFA Meeting
Trans and ally support group meets monthly on first and third Tuesdays from 7-9 p.m. at Agape MCC, 4615 East California Parkway, Fort Worth. For more information, contact Finn Jones by phone at 214-499-0378 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Nov. 10: Tarrant County Stonewall Democrats Meeting
LGBT Democratic group meets at 7 p.m. every second Tuesday of the month at Tommy’s Hamburgers, 2455 Forest Park Blvd., Fort Worth. For more information e-mail Info@tarrantstonewall.org.
• Nov. 10: Ed-U-Care Building Bridge Network
Training group for caretakers of LGBT seniors hosts a dinner followed by screening of the movie Gen Silent and discussion of the needs of LGBT seniors and caretakers needs 6-8:30 p.m. at The Senior Source, 3910 Harry Hines Blvd. For more information and to RSVP e-mail Sharyn Fein at email@example.com.
• Nov. 10: Survivors Offering Support
Support group meeting for survivors of violent attacks meets every second Tuesday of the month at 7 p.m. Resource Center, 2701 Reagan.
• Nov. 12: The Group
Support group for black men who have sex with men living with HIV meets every second and fourth Thursday of the month from
7-9 p.m. at a private location. For more information call 214-455-7316.
• Nov. 12: Fort Worth Transgender Resource Group
Support and resource group meets every second Thursday of the month at 7 p.m. at the Barron House, 516 College Ave., Fort Worth. Use side door.
• Nov. 12: DIFFA/Dallas Holiday Wreath Collection
Auction featuring 70 wreaths from international designers at 6:30 p.m. at Expressions Home Gallery, 1500 Dragon St. Cocktails and hors d’ouevres served. $50. Purchase tickets at Bit.ly/1RU5CVv.
• Nov. 13: High Tech Happy Hour
Texas Instruments Pride, the LGBT and ally diversity group, hosts its monthly High Tech Happy Hour to increase professional and social contacts between groups and individuals and to foster community. 5:30-7:30 p.m. at Two Corks and a Bottle at the Quadrangle, 2800 Routh St. For more information e-mail Paul von Wupperfeld at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Real Live Connection launches clothing drive for LGBT youth
From now through Nov. 20, Real Live Connection in coordination with various venues host clothing, canned good and toiletry drives for LGBT and allied youth ages 13-19.
Donations will be distributed with 300 blessing bags.
Items will be distributed at Gobble ’til ya Wobble: A Real Thanksgiving Dinner and Celebration With Others,” 2-7 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 22 at the Cosmopolitan
Congregation of Dallas, 1812 N. Haskell Ave., Ste. 100.
Real Live Connection also accepts donations for programming and event costs.
Donate at Transtexas.org/realliveconnection or make a check out to Real Live Connection, 4009 North Hall St., Unit B.
For more information contact PR@RLC365.org.
Donation drop locations include:
Cosmopolitan Congregation of Dallas, 1812 N. Haskell Ave., Ste. 100
Round-Up Saloon, 3912 Cedar Springs Road
Oak Lawn Library, 4100 Cedar Springs Road
Thairrific, 4000 Cedar Springs Road, Ste. E
UPS, 3824 Cedar Springs Road.
Ed-U-Care Building Bridge Network, the local networking and training group promoting best practices, awareness and needs of caretakers of LGBT seniors, hosts a dinner, Tuesday, Nov. 10, followed by screening of the movie Gen Silent and discussion. See the Gay Agenda listings for details.
This article appeared in the Dallas Voice print edition November 6, 2015.