Have an event coming up? Email your information to staff writer James Russell at email@example.com by Thursday at 10 a.m. for that week’s issue.
• Weekly: Lambda Weekly every Sunday at 1 p.m. on 89.3 KNON-FM; United Black Ellument hosts discussion on HIV/AIDS in the black community at 7 p.m. every second Tuesday of the month at 3116 Commerce St., Suite C; Fuse game night every Monday evening but the last of the month at 8 p.m. at the Fuse space in the ilume, 4123 Cedar Springs Road, Apt 2367; Fuse Connect every Wednesday from 7 p.m. at the Fuse Space. For more information call or e-mail Ruben Ramirez at 214-540-4500 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Through Dec. 10: AIDS Arms Holiday Toy and Food Drive
From now through Dec. 10, AIDS Arms is collecting non-perishable food and unwrapped toys for families and for children ages 1-17 years. Drop off donations at AIDS Arms, 351 W. Jefferson Blvd. Ste. 300 or pick up can be arranged at Caven Enterprises. For more information call or e-mail Neacy Turner at 214-521-5191 ext. 3336 or email@example.com.
• Nov. 27: CinéWilde Presents La Cage Aux Folles
Doors open at 6 p.m. with community potluck dinner at 6:30 p.m. and movie at 8 p.m. at Texas Theatre, 231 W. Jefferson. Includes English subtitles. Benefit for Home for the Holidays. Donations encouraged. For tickets visit Bit.ly/212mBeK.
• Nov. 29: Cathedral of Hope World AIDS Day Commemoration
A community gathering commemorating World AIDS Day with guest artist Gary Lynn Floyd from 6-8 p.m. at Cathedral of Hope, 5910 Cedar Springs Road.
• Nov. 30: Edna Jean Robinson’s Trailer Park Christmas
Annual Christmas raffle hosted by Edna Jean Robinson with Onyx and others from 9 p.m.-2 a.m. at Zippers, 3333 N. Fitzhugh. Benefits Pleasant Grove Senior Center. For more information visit On.fb.me/212mkbT.
• Nov. 30: Hate Crimes Prevention Act Forum
Brite Divinity School’s Carpenter Initiative in Gender, Sexuality and Justice and Resource Center along with the Northern District of Texas United States Attorney’s Office and FBI Dallas Field Office present a forum discussing bias motivated hate crimes are and how they are combated in light of recent acts of violence in Oak Lawn. 6:30-8:30 p.m. at Cathedral of Hope, 5910 Cedar Springs Road.
• Dec. 1: C.U.R.E. World AIDS Day Commemoration
World AIDS Day community forum and recognition features keynote speaker Dr. Michael Gottlieb and Open Heart Award honorees from 6-9 p.m. at Noah’s Event Venue, 2251 N. Greenville Ave., Richardson. For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Dec. 1: Shameless: A Secret-Sharing Party
LULAC 4871, Lambda Legal and QueerBomb Dallas host World AIDS Day event with cocktails, screening of Speak Out! Let’s Talk For our Relationships, Health and Community followed by panel discussion with HIV/AIDS activists and confidential HIV testing from UT-Southwestern from 6-10 p.m. at Texas Theatre, 231 W. Jefferson. For more information visit On.fb.me/212nYtP.
• Dec. 1: Broadway Baptist Church Day of Remembrance
7 p.m. at Broadway Baptist Church, 305 W. Broadway, Fort Worth. For more information visit On.fb.me/1IdPJUW.
• Dec. 1: Family Equality Council Eat, Drink and Be Family Dallas
Learn more about the next step for achieving equality for same-sex families and households with cocktails, food and more from 7-9 p.m. at a private residence. For more information and to RSVP visit Bit.ly/212oMiC.
• Dec. 1: DFW Transcendence Trans/SOFFA Meeting
Trans and ally support group meets monthly on first and third Tuesdays from 7-9 p.m. at Agape MCC, 4615 East California Parkway, Fort Worth. For more information, contact Finn Jones by phone at 214-499-0378 or by email at email@example.com.
• Dec. 3-Dec. 6: Holiday Delights at Fair Park
Christmas events include tree lighting, shopping, hayrides, live music and petting zoo on Fair Park grounds. For more information visit Bit.ly/1OqPcn5.
• Dec. 3: Trans Pride Initiative Network Affiliates Meeting
Networking event for transgender organizations and service providers at 7 p.m. at Brazos Room, Center for Community Cooperation, 2900 Live Oak St.
For more information e-mail Nell Gaither at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Dec. 3: Fort Worth PFLAG Meeting
Meets every first Thursday of the month from 7-9 p.m. at First Jefferson Unitarian Universalist Church, 1959 Sandy Lane, Fort Worth. For more information, call 817-428-2329 or visit PflagFortWorth.org.
• Dec. 4: HRC DFW Federal Club Holiday Party
Celebrate the holidays and year’s accomplishments with cocktails, hors d’oeuvres and entertainment from 7:30-10 p.m. at 2616 Commerce Event Center, 2616 Commerce St. Free for Federal Club members. $50 in advance and $70 at door for guests. R.S.V.P. by Nov. 24 at Eventbrite.com/event/18991094876.
• Dec. 5: Women’s Alliance for Leadership Banquet: Empowering Texas LGBTQ Women
Non-profit group dedicated to empowering Texas LGBT women hosts its first annual banquet featuring three-course dinner, entertainment and a silent auction. Speakers include Dallas County Justice of the Peace Sara Martinez, attorney Katie Sprinkle and transgender activist Oliver Blumer.
Rep. Mary Gonzalez, D-El Paso, will receive a leadership award. For tickets and more information visit WAB15.eventbrite.com.
• Dec. 5: DFW Trans Ladies Monthly Meeting
Meets from 7-8:30 p.m. on the first Saturday of every month at Agape MCC, 4615 E. California Parkway, Fort Worth. For more information, email email@example.com or visit DFWTGLadies.org.
• Dec. 6: Vintage Martini’s Christmas Rose Party for AIN
Drinks and light appetizers from local establishments and items for sale from 1-4 p.m. at Vintage Martini, 2923 N. Henderson Ave. Portion of proceeds benefit AIDS Interfaith Network’s annual Bloomin’ Ball. $10 suggested donation. For more information and to RSVP visit On.fb.me/1PMnwut.
• Dec. 6: The Dallas Way Brunch Honoring Contributors and Donors
11 a.m.-1:30 p.m. at Park Towers, 3310 Fairmount St. For more information and to RSVP visit On.fb.me/1jgkO3I. Reservations accepted until Dec. 4.
• Dec. 8: Tarrant County Stonewall Democrats Meeting
LGBT Democratic group meets at 7 p.m. every second Tuesday of the month at Tommy’s Hamburgers, 2455 Forest Park Blvd., Fort Worth. For more information e-mail Info@tarrantstonewall.org.
• Dec. 8: Survivors Offering Support
Support group meeting for survivors of violent attacks meets every second Tuesday of the month at 7 p.m. Resource Center, 2701 Reagan.
• Dec. 10: The Group
Support group for black men who have sex with men living with HIV meets every second and fourth Thursday of the month from
7-9 p.m. at a private location. For more information call 214-455-7316.
• Dec. 10: Fort Worth Transgender Resource Group
Support and resource group meets every second Thursday of the month at 7 p.m. at the Barron House, 516 College Ave., Fort Worth. Use side door.
• Dec. 11: High Tech Happy Hour
Texas Instruments Pride, the LGBT and ally diversity group, hosts its monthly High Tech Happy Hour to increase professional and social contacts between groups and individuals and to foster community. 5:30-7:30 p.m. at Cedars Social, 1326 S. Lamar Street. For more information e-mail Paul von Wupperfeld at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Dec. 11: CinéWilde Presents Auntie Mame
Doors open at 8 p.m. with pre-show discussion at 8:30 p.m. and movie at 9 p.m. and Ugly Christmas Sweater after party at
11 p.m. at Texas Theatre, 231 W. Jefferson. For tickets visit Bit.ly/212n291.
• Dec. 12: DFW Sisters Third Annual Salvation Sisters Benefit
The DFW Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence ring their bells to raise money for HIV and AIDS groups from 9 p.m.-midnight outside of Hunky’s, 3930 Cedar Springs Road. For more information visit On.fb.me/1NbzcGq.
• Dec. 13: Give a Damn Holiday Card: Support Incarcerated Trans Persons
Create and write holiday cards for incarcerated trans persons and learn more about Trans Pride Initiative’s efforts from 3-6 p.m. at Abounding Prosperity Community Center: 1816 Peabody. Food provided. For more information visit On.fb.me/1PMtw6v.
• Dec. 15: DFW Transcendence Trans/SOFFA Meeting
Trans and ally support group meets monthly on first and third Tuesdays from 7–9 p.m. at Agape MCC, 4615 East California Parkway, Fort Worth. For more information, contact Finn Jones by phone at 214-499-0378 or by email at email@example.com.
• Dec. 15: JEWEL Lesbian Fiction Book Club
Monthly book club discussion meets every third Tuesday of the month from 7–9 p.m. at ilume, 4123 Cedar Springs Road. Open to all women. Free. For more information e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hate Crimes Prevention Act Forum
Brite Divinity School’s Carpenter Initiative in Gender, Sexuality and Justice and Resource Center, along with the Northern District of Texas United States Attorney’s Office and FBI Dallas Field Office, present a forum discussing what bias-motivated crimes are and how they are combated in light of recent acts of violence in Oak Lawn.
This article appeared in the Dallas Voice print edition November 27 2015.