Making the SCENE the week of July 22–28:
• Alexandre’s: Ashleigh Smith on Friday. Jason Huff and the Ignition on Saturday. Wayne Smith on Sunday. K-Marie on Tuesday. Chris Chism on Wednesday. Ilumin on Thursday.
• BJ’s NXS!: Christmas in July began with the tree lighting and continues with a Pajama Party at 9 p.m. on Friday. Christmas in July Ugly Sweater Party at 9 p.m. on Saturday. Christmas Dinner from 6:30-7:30 p.m. on Sunday. Lights Out Party from 9 p.m.-midnight on Tuesday.
• Brick/Joe’s: Dallas Red Foundation presents Red Summer Nights Dream with Ru Paul’s Cynthia Lee Fontaine and 2016 Miss Red Raquel Blake featuring Gloria Devine, Onyx Anderson, G Licious G, Nicole O’Hara Munro and Dallas Sheraton. Show at 11 p.m. www.RedSummerNightsDream.eventbrite.com for $15 tickets. $20 at the door.
• Club Reflection: Trinity River Bears meeting at 2:30 p.m. and cookout at 4 p.m. on Sunday. 2017 TGRA Royalty Candidates Show at 7 p.m. on Sunday. Bobbie Laine and Savannah Lee headline Friends Helping Friends benefiting JPS Cancer Center at 9 p.m. on Thursday.
• Dallas Eagle: Leather Knights offers Photos with Santa from 8-11:30 p.m. on Saturday. The United Court of the Lone Star Empire presents Christmas in July show benefiting AIDS Interfaith Network at 7 p.m. on Saturday.
• JR.’s Bar & Grill: Cassie’s Freak Show at 11 p.m. on Monday.
• Marty’s: Nicole O’Hara Munro’s Sexcapade at 10-11 p.m. on Friday.
• Rainbow Lounge: Disco Party from 10 p.m.-2 a.m. on Saturday.
• Round-Up Saloon: Line dance lessons with Juanita at 8:30 p.m. on Wednesday.
• Sue Ellen’s: Mi Diva Loca on Friday. Scotty Isaacs Band on Saturday. Kathy & Bella and Erin Detherage on Sunday.
• The Rose Room: Miss Gay Texas America finals at 9 p.m. on Saturday. Guys & Dolls presents the 13th annual Miss LifeWalk Pageant at 6:30 p.m. on Sunday. Tickets $20-30 at LifeWalk.org. Heather Thomas and Mark Manley emcee.
• Two Corks and a Bottle: Show Tune Night from 7-10 p.m. on Wednesday.
• Zippers: Erotica at 10 p.m. on Thursday.
Scene Photographers: Kat Haygood
This article appeared in the Dallas Voice print edition July 22, 2016.