Have an event coming up? Email your information to Managing Editor Tammye Nash at email@example.com or Senior Staff Writer David Taffet at firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday at 5 p.m. for that week’s issue.
• Weekly: Lambda Weekly every Sunday at 1 p.m. on 89.3 KNON-FM. This week’s guest is Brandi Amara Skyy; United Black Ellument hosts discussion on HIV/AIDS in the black community (UBE Connected) at 7 p.m. every fourth Tuesday of the month at 3116 Commerce St., Suite C; Core Group Meeting every 1st and 3rd Tuesday of the month at 7 p.m.; Fuse game night every Monday evening except the last of the month at 8 p.m. at the Fuse space in the Treymore Building, 4038 Lemmon Ave, Suite 101; FuseConnect every Wednesday from 7 p.m. For more information call or e-mail Jalenzski at 214-760-9718 ext. 3 or Jalenzski@myresourcecenter.org. LGBT square dancing group Pegasus Squares meets every Sunday from 2:30–4:30 p.m. at Grace United Methodist Church, 4105 Junius St. For more info, email email@example.com; Dallas Frontrunners meet for a walk or run on the Katy Trail at Oak Lawn Park, Turtle Creek and Hall Street, every Wednesday at 7:15 p.m. and every Saturday at 9 a.m.; Leadership Lambda Toastmasters practices and develops speaking and leadership skills from 6:30–8 p.m. on Tuesdays at First Unitarian Church, third floor of the Hallman Building, 4012 St. Andrews; Gray Pride support group from 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m. followed by mixer every Monday at Resource Center, 5750 Cedar Springs Road; Lambda AA meets at 7 a.m., noon, 6 p.m., 8 p.m. and 11 p.m. and has a men’s meeting at 10 a.m. on Saturdays and meets at 10:30 a.m. and 1 p.m. on Sunday at 1575 W. Mockingbird Lane #625. Call 214-267-0222 for details; DVtv inSpayse, news and entertainment discussion live streaming every Friday, 4–5 p.m., on the Spayse Station YouTube channel.
• Through Oct. 8: Dallas Southern Pride
Dallas Southern Pride presents Black Pride Weekend, Black by Popular Demand, which will include the State Fair Classic (Grambling vs. Prairie View A&M), the Ball/House and Pageant Communities Conference, and parties across the Metroplex all weekend. Visit DallasSouthernPride.com for information.
• Oct. 6: Burgers + Burgundy
DIFFA/Dallas presents a culinary evening with silent auction and sneak peek at House of DIFFA from 6:30-9:30 p.m. at Eyeball at the Joule, 1601 Main St. $150. DIFFA.org.
• Oct. 7: Tarrant County Pride
Tarrant County Pride Parade takes place along Commerce Street from Weatherford to Lancaster streets in Fort Worth. The festival is in the Water Gardens park at the end of the parade route. Parade at 11 a.m. Water Garden Festival from noon-8 p.m.
• Oct. 7: Beta Phi Omega, Omicron Psi Omega
The women of Beta Phi Omega Sorority Inc., a national sorority for feminine-identifying lesbians, and the women of Omicron Psi Omega Inc., a national sorority for masculine-identifying lesbians, host a joint interest meeting at 1 p.m. Location and other information will be sent to those who RSVP online at EliteDiamondBall.com for Beta Phi Omega andat OmicronPsiOmega@gmail.com for Omicron Psi Omega. Professional attire is mandatory.
• Oct. 7: Elite Diamond Ball
Beta Phi Omega Sorority Inc. presents its annual Elite Diamond Ball: The Journey of the Queen (Coming to America Inspired), from 7 a.m.-midnight at the Crowne Plaza Dallas Galleria, 14314 Midway Road. Tickets start at $45 and tickets and information are available at EliteDiamondBall.com
• Oct. 8: Tarrant County Pride Picnic
From noon-6 p.m. in Trinity Park, 2401 S. University Drive, Fort Worth.
• Oct. 8: Spanke’s TP Party
Friends continue the annual party, founded by the late Spanke Studer, collecting grooming supplies and more for residents of AIDS Services of Dallas, at 3955 Hawthorne Ave. For information visit Facebook.com/dmask2.
• Oct. 9: Disaster relief for Puerto Rico and Mexico
DFW Pride fundraising Happy Hour to support our friends in Mexico and Puerto Rico affected by the recent disasters from 5-8 p.m. at Lakewood Brewing Company, 2302Executive Drive, Garland.
• Oct. 10: Outrageous Oral
The Dallas Way, UNT’s Pride Alliance and LGBT Studies Program present Outrageous Oral at 6:30 p.m. at The Forum (Room 140) of Willis Library. 1506 Highland Ave., Denton.
• Oct. 10: Family Equality Council
National organization for parents and their families fundraiser at the home of Bryan Carr and Mark LeDoux from 6-8 p.m. Childcare provided. RSVP at rsvp.familyequality.org/dallas2017.
• Oct. 11: National Coming Out Day
• Oct. 11: Gay Day at the Fair
Unofficial Gay Day at the State Fair of Texas. Best way to get there is the Green Line on DART. Admission $18. Online price is $16.50. BigTex.com.
• Oct. 12: Chamber’s new
member showcaseNorth Texas GLBT Chamber of Commerce presents a new member showcase from 5:30-7:30 p.m. at Crowne Plaza Dallas – Market Center, 7050 N. Stemmons Freeway.
• Oct. 12: Preston Hollow Democrats meeting
Preston Hollow Democrats meet from 6:30-8:30 p.m. at the Walnut Hill Recreation Centre, on the northwest corner of Walnut Hill Lane at Midway Road. John Greenan of City Square Housing and Joe Dingman of St. Jude Inc., will discuss the lack of affordable housing in Dallas, obstacles encountered, successes achieved and plans for the future. The meeting is free and open to the public.
• Oct. 13: DFW Pride Happy Hour
DFW Pride Happy Hour, an LGBT+ community sponsored by Texas Instruments, joins with the UT and OU LGBT alumni organizations to host the second annual OU/UT Alumni Happy Hour, 5:30-7:30 p.m. at Cedar Springs Tap House, 4123 Cedar Springs Road, Ste. 100
• Oct. 14: Texas Latino Pride
The annual Texas Latino Pride festival, with live entertainment and special guests from 2-9 p.m. at Reverchon Park, 3505 Maple Ave. $5. For information visit Facebook.com/events/429365350783238.
• Oct. 19: GALA Ally Awards
GALA honors allies who work for equality in North Texas from 5:30-8 p.m. at Holiday Inn Plano, 4301 Paige Road, The Colony.
• Oct 20: Turtle Creek Chorale
The Turtle Creek Chorale presents After Dark, a special event, at 8 p.m. at 3015 at Trinity Groves3015 Gulden Lane. $75-125. TurtleCreekChorale.com
• Oct 20: Spooktacular IV
Presented by the North Texas GLBT Chamber of Commerce.
• Oct 20: Bowling league registration
New LGBT bowling league registration from 6:30-9 p.m. at AMF Garland, 1950 Marketplace Dr., Garland. League runs Nov. 3-Feb. 9. $20. 214-704-3531.
• Oct. 21: My Haunted Gaybingo
Monthly fundraiser for Resource Center takes place from 6-9 p.m. at the Rose Room at S4, 3911 Cedar Springs Road. 214-540-4458. MyResourceCenter.org/gaybingo.
• Oct. 22: Hope Walk
The 26th annual Hope Walk, a pet-friendly 5K benefitting AIDS Outreach Center in Tarrant County will be held 1-5 p.m., beginning at the Trinity Park Pavilion, just off 7th Street in Trinity Park in Fort Worth. There will also be a Pooches on Parade costume contest. Visit AOC.org/walk.
• Oct. 23: LGBT Grief Support Group
Anyone who has lost a same-sex spouse is welcome to join at 6:45 p.m. at Oak Lawn Library, 4100 Cedar Springs Road. For more info firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Oct. 24: Profiling and Situational Awareness seminars
Seminar for non-profit staff and administration at 9 a.m., business owners at 1 p.m. and professionals at 3 p.m. at Cathedral of Hope, 5910 Cedar Springs Road.
•Oct. 25: PositiviTea 2017
Champagne Imperial Tea benefits Legacy’s Grace Project for women from 3-4:30 p.m. at La Duni NorthPark,
8687 N. Central Expressway.
• Oct. 28: Outing LGBT Domestic Violence
Candy Marcum moderates a panel discussion and Q&A session with Criminal District Court Judge Brandon Birmingham, DPD Domestic Violence Unit officer Kylee Hawks, trans activist Aricles James, Angela Lee of the National Domestic Violence Hotline and Roy Rios from the Texas Council on Family Violence from 1-3 p.m. at Cathedral of Hope, Interfaith Peace Chapel, 5910 Cedar Springs Road.
DFW Pride Happy Hour holds a special event Monday, Oct. 9, at Lakewood Brewing Company to raise funds and put together disaster relief packets for people in Puerto Rico and Mexico. See listings for details.
This article appeared in the Dallas Voice print edition October 6, 2017.