A group of anti-gay members of the Ugandan Parliament is in Dallas.
The Eastern Africa Diaspora Business Council and Uganda North America Association are meeting at the Omni Hotel today until 5 p.m.
The guest of honor is Uganda’s Vice President H.E Edward Ssekandi. The delegation includes cabinet ministers and 21 members of the Ugandan Parliament.
For more than a year, the Ugandan Parliament has been considering a “kill the gays” bill condemned by both former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and President Barack Obama.
The “kill the gays” bill was promoted and sponsored by right-wing American clergy working in Uganda.
DFW International Alliance sent Dallas Voice a list of the Ugandan leaders already in Dallas as of Thursday. Read it below.
1. Hon. Ruhakana Rugunda, Minister of Health
2. Hon. Eng. John Nasasira, Minister, Information Communication Technology
3. Hon. Richard Todwong, Minister Without Portfolio, responsible for Mobilization
4. Hon. John Miyingo, Minister of State for Higher Education
5. Hon Eng. John Byabagambi, Minister of State, Works
6. Hon Henry Banyenzaki, Minister of State, Economic Monitoring, Presidents Office
7. Hon. Vincent Makumbi Nyanzi, Minister of State, Vice President’s Office
8. Hon. Asumani Kiyingi, Minister of State, Foreign Affairs, Regional Cooperation
9. Hon. Rebecca Amuge Otengo, Minister of State, Northern Uganda
1. H.E. Olive Wonekha, Uganada Ambassador to the United States
2. H.E. Dr. Richard Nduhuura, Uganda Permanent Representative to the United Nations
3. Ms. Margaret Kyogire, Charge d’Affaire, Uganda High Commission, Canada
4. H.E. James William Kinobe, Uganda Ambassador to DRC