Locally based AT&T made the No. 2 spot on DiversityInc’s list of Top 10 Companies for LGBT Employees.
Wells Fargo, which has offices in Dallas, was named top employer. That company released a new ad this week about a lesbian couple learning sign language as they prepare to welcome their new hearing-impaired daughter into their lives.
DiversityInc is looking for best practices that create an inclusive workplace including:
• Whether the company has an active LGBT employee resource group
• Percentage of philanthropic endeavors aimed at LGBT nonprofits
• Whether the company attempts to track the number of LGBT people in the workplace, including voluntary disclosure
• Whether the corporate website features images and text of LGBT employees, customers or vendors
• Whether the company certifies LGBT vendors with the National Gay & Lesbian Chamber of Commerce
• Percentage of procurement spent with certified LGBT vendors
The top 10:
1. Wells Fargo
3. Time Warner
4. Marriott International
6. Eli Lilly and Company
9. MassMutual Financial Group